2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
So far, so good
By CCJ on 12/06/08 18:34 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My third Wrangler. This one is best by leaps and bounds. Power is adequate for highway use, but another 40 hp would be welcome. Handling is much better than earlier iterations. I bought an X with the 24S option package. Adding the Limited Slip rear axle, rock rails, extra skid plates and the Freedom Top. To date, I've had no issues of consequence. A minor, but annoying rattle in the driver's side. A pillar was traced to an over-tightened screw in the plastic trim that stripped out the plastic. Going up one size fixed that. A minor rain leak between the halves of the top was corrected by cleaning the sealing area and silicon treating the seals. 18/25 mileage so far. I love this beast.

My 1st JEEP... what joy!
By BLUTOV on 11/20/08 21:46 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 2 weeks now and it is outstanding. It's a Sahara unlimited 4x4 2008. It sits on forte chrome blunt 22"wheels with toyo tires. Chrome gas cap, door handles, and side steps. Custom paint (the hard top, bumpers and mirrors too) rescue green. Katzkin leather seats with suede in the middle and a 368w 7-speaker infinity sound sys incl subwoofer with Sirius satellite radio... Remote starter... A bought it from the dealer like this and got a real good deal... The rake is beautiful... It stands tall... Looks and is tough... In short a show stopper... I love my Jeep! Buy American! The drive is smooth... Average gas consumption 19.5 mpg. People just gawk at it or grin with glee.

best hunting vehicle there is
By J.B.D.S. on 11/12/08 20:21 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Jeep is great I have been a truck guy all my life and was looking at new vehicles and decided to try the 4 door Rubicon. I am loving it goes more places then my fx4 ever thought about going doesn't bottom out over the tx terrian when I'm going to the deer stand. I got the hard top wish I had the soft top also for summer looking to buy one my wife didn't want me to buy this and now she drives it more then I do going to have to trade her car in for a another one I recomend this vehicle to anyone. Took it to sedona az in the mountains and it was great no problems did anything I wanted to do. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned keeping till the wheels fall off.

love our x
By nelson on 11/11/08 20:54 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 6th Jeep I've owned and the best, although the 47 cj2a was almost as fun to drive. The power to fuel economy ratio is fine for us. With a catback exhaust and k&n air filter we brought both up. By selecting the x with s pkg. Along with locking diff. And sway bar disconnect we have all the offroad guts we need without geting the more spendy Rubicon. Also Jeeps are for the most part made in the USA and by not retooling design every year are more eco friendly and less expensive. My only change would be a seperate swing away spare tie and drop down tailgate. (makes a fine bench) we expect to own our x for a long time so the lifetime drive warrenty is also Nice-----thanks

07 Wrangler that knows rocks and trails
By mattjk84 on 10/29/08 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my 2007 JK while still in college so I logged many miles during its first year, now it is used more for rock climbing and hunting. Extremely tough and reliable, I installed a 2.5" lift and 33" BF Goodrich M/T's and it will take anything I can throw at it. Great fuel mileage given the use, and no mechanical problems.

Impresed
By House of Fun on 10/17/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was a bit doubtful that the Jeep would work as good as it looks. I'm very impressed with the ride, handling, quality and surprisingly, the gas mileage. The interior ergonomics are very weak, it's like no one actually sat in one before okaying it for production. So far I've had 2 odd occurrences: A one time puddle of gear oil under the rear end and I was driving down the highway and the dash lights came on, the windshield wipers wiped once and it never happened again. Summary: I love it

Second Jeep I'M IN LOVE!
By Erik and Millisse on 10/16/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Got a fantastic deal. Love the choice in colors and models. The X with the power pack is darn close to the Sahara without paying the Sahara price. Get the hard top 3 piece. No leaks, yet. Gas mileage is ok 18.5 avg. I'm going to put a cold air intake and spacer to improve fuel consumption. Its fun to drive looks great and can go anywhere offroad i need it to go. Plenty of room in the back seat and cargo area. The stereo rocks. Those who want more zoom should by a car, hello it's a Jeep

my 2nd Jeep
By jane the greek on 10/12/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am pretty content with this 4 door box. I also have a 2 door 99 Cherokee se that has the in line six. That Cherokee has 150k on it and still runs like a champ! It also influenced my decision on purchasing this new one i got. It's just awesome off the road.

Jeep J-J-Jeep
By ScottR on 10/12/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

As soon as Jeep came out with the Unlimited (4-door) Wranglers, I knew I wanted one. I only have 2000 miles on it so far and can't really comment on reliability (been great so far!). Otherwise I love it! Design gets all 10s from me -- from the outside in, it's a Jeep! And the drivetrain seems to be as solid as they claim. Love the freedom tops. Sound system is much better than older Wranglers. Road noise with the hard top is not bad, which surprised me. Handles well on highway at 80+ MPH, which is also surprising (though it wanders a bit). I'm a big guy, and interior is very comfortable for me. Fuel economy? I gave it a 10 because it meets my expectations. It's a Jeep, not a Toyota.

Jeepin' Fun
By Jeepin Fun on 10/07/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Besides the horrible experience with the dealership, we found others now, we love our rig. Bought it in Feb. "08 and put into storage in Washington with 1234 miles. Bought a home in Vegas, fly back, picked it up, loaded it and a 6x12x6 ft cargo trailer and headed back to Vegas. I did change the oil and checked it over before we left. No trouble at all coming back! I shifted down manually a lot of the time to keep rpm up as with OD off, (it just didn't down shift early enough) and it pulled every mountain pass doing the speed limit with No problems. Need to mention the trailer was loaded to the limits too! What a rig. Two and a half days! I'm fighting blood clots, so we had to stop a lot. Love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Suv in WA is:

$140 per month*