Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

No Longer Admiring From Afar
By slobberdog68

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted this since it came out. I got it Saturday 2008 Sahara in Black- 18K miles on it! I love it. When I go over any bump-big or small something on the drivers side door or backdoor area rattles-almost like the door is not shut all the way. I have checked everything and cannot find anything loose. My husband says it's a Jeep-what do you expect? I test drove the 2010 Islander before I bought this last week and there wasn't a rattle to be found. If it's just a Jeep thing then find but I want to take it in while it's still under bumper/bumper. Otherwise I love it!

Everything! I stare @ it all day out my window while I work.

NOT STOCK!
By DK

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My jeep is highly modified i.e.-motor performance bolt-ons, bumpers, tires(37"tall), 4' lift, 5.13 gears, dual steering stabilizers, etc. I love off roading it and all the looks I get driving on the street. Big fun in a small package. However I have many other rigs to drive on a daily basis better suited to my needs depending on what I am doing. This jeep is for fun only! It is not the best only rig to have.

AC, soft top, best off road capabilities even stock, awesome stereo/sat radio option.

More motor options! more factory up grade capabilities to customize for off roading etc.

Death Wobble
By pditty

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love the vehicle for top off cruising great gas mileage (23 on the highway) but the wobble happened when crossing railroad tracks it was very violent at 30 mph. hitting the brakes stopped the wobble and everything returned to normal. tires have been balanced and rotated every 5000 mi. dealer will be looking into problem this week. I consider this vehicle to be very dangerous to drive in it's present condition.

convertible/ hard top

stop the Death Wobble

08 HardTop Water Leaks
By OIIIIO

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2008 Unlimited X 4-door. Since day 1 we've come across a mayor issue with water leaks coming from the hard top and deposits on the driver side floor causing a bad smell. Dealer did a test and the warranty part number 68004562-ac is on a "nationwide backorder" not available for anyone. Mean while our Jeep keeps getting deteriorated as a cause of the part not being available to any customers anywhere on the entire USA and Puerto Rico. No one can tell us when will the parts be available. Mean while, we might have to invest $1,600 on a soft top to avoid having continuous water leaks which can rotten and rust our floor panel. What a shame JEEP... not a good experience for us.

Love the traction and how the Jeep handles going up mountains and muddy roads. We feel pretty safe driving the Jeep to just about anywhere.

Jeep needs to improve on water leak problems on the 4 door hard top units.

Wrangler Right Hand Drive
By 08WranglerRHD

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep new in September of 2007 to replace my 98' right hand drive Cherokee. I owned the Jeep less than two months when the first problem occurred. The removable roof panel on the right side developed a leak. The warranty covered the repair. The next problem wasn't until February of 09' at 38k miles,out of my warranty period, the horn stopped working. I had the repair made in September of 2009 at 52k miles when the airbag light came on. I called Chrysler and filed a complaint once I found it to be a faulty clockspring inside the steering column, they covered my repair due to safety concerns. The last problem occurred in December of 09' at 60k when the water pump went out.

Right hand drive! Stability/Traction control, 4x4, cold A/C

Fix starting issue and improve anti-lock braking system to be less sensitive. It would be nice to add a few more horses to the underpowered 3.8.