Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

NOT STOCK!
By DK

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My jeep is highly modified i.e.-motor performance bolt-ons, bumpers, tires(37"tall), 4' lift, 5.13 gears, dual steering stabilizers, etc. I love off roading it and all the looks I get driving on the street. Big fun in a small package. However I have many other rigs to drive on a daily basis better suited to my needs depending on what I am doing. This jeep is for fun only! It is not the best only rig to have.

AC, soft top, best off road capabilities even stock, awesome stereo/sat radio option.

More motor options! more factory up grade capabilities to customize for off roading etc.

Death Wobble
By pditty

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love the vehicle for top off cruising great gas mileage (23 on the highway) but the wobble happened when crossing railroad tracks it was very violent at 30 mph. hitting the brakes stopped the wobble and everything returned to normal. tires have been balanced and rotated every 5000 mi. dealer will be looking into problem this week. I consider this vehicle to be very dangerous to drive in it's present condition.

convertible/ hard top

stop the Death Wobble

08 HardTop Water Leaks
By OIIIIO

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2008 Unlimited X 4-door. Since day 1 we've come across a mayor issue with water leaks coming from the hard top and deposits on the driver side floor causing a bad smell. Dealer did a test and the warranty part number 68004562-ac is on a "nationwide backorder" not available for anyone. Mean while our Jeep keeps getting deteriorated as a cause of the part not being available to any customers anywhere on the entire USA and Puerto Rico. No one can tell us when will the parts be available. Mean while, we might have to invest $1,600 on a soft top to avoid having continuous water leaks which can rotten and rust our floor panel. What a shame JEEP... not a good experience for us.

Love the traction and how the Jeep handles going up mountains and muddy roads. We feel pretty safe driving the Jeep to just about anywhere.

Jeep needs to improve on water leak problems on the 4 door hard top units.

Wrangler Right Hand Drive
By 08WranglerRHD

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep new in September of 2007 to replace my 98' right hand drive Cherokee. I owned the Jeep less than two months when the first problem occurred. The removable roof panel on the right side developed a leak. The warranty covered the repair. The next problem wasn't until February of 09' at 38k miles,out of my warranty period, the horn stopped working. I had the repair made in September of 2009 at 52k miles when the airbag light came on. I called Chrysler and filed a complaint once I found it to be a faulty clockspring inside the steering column, they covered my repair due to safety concerns. The last problem occurred in December of 09' at 60k when the water pump went out.

Right hand drive! Stability/Traction control, 4x4, cold A/C

Fix starting issue and improve anti-lock braking system to be less sensitive. It would be nice to add a few more horses to the underpowered 3.8.

disappointed
By rob

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this 2008 used with 13k miles. I have had an issue with a leaky soft top since I bought it. Taken it to the dealer 3x's to fix it and every time it rains, the floor boards in the back are soaked. Had to replace one of the tie rides already. Transmission line is leaking. Death wobble happens all the time, dealer can't fix it. The vehicle lacks power, should have stuck with the 4.0. Factory stereo is horrible with the top off. I used to have a 79 CJ7 witch was a mistake to get rid of. I think I will be trading the 2008 in for some sort of SUV and maybe buy an older jeep again. Jeep needs to get back to thier roots.

With the top off the jeep is very fun to drive.

Go back to the 4.0 motor. Fix the death wobble issue before some one gets killed! Have the upgraded stereo in all the models. Have a longer warranty (50k would be better)