2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Very Satisfied
By VSmith on 07/30/10 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2 door Sahara in Dec 2007 and put about 6K on it annually. I've been very satisfied with it, no problems or service needed beyond oil changes. I've had good luck with Jeep products with respect to reliability.

It's a jeep nuff said
By Ricky on 07/24/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had many jeeps in fact traded a 2002 gc limited to buy the wrangler so far only minor problems that the dealer has always fixed in day I most problems are dealer related (either don't now how or don't want to fix problems, guess I'm lucky.

Only for the 1st 10-20,0000 miles
By Bronze8020 on 06/01/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Less than 30,0000 miles - I expected better. Rear caliper froze up destroyed rotor at 20,000 miles - Caliper under warranty - rotor not even though the warranty part destroyed it. Now at almost 30,000 miles it inexplicably bucks violently and uncontrollably once in a while when I let off the gas. Scary experience at 55 mph in traffic - won't stop till you get off the road and shut the car off. No trouble found at dealership. My advice? Don't buy one !

Don't buy
By erik on 05/06/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought new in 2008. Gets me cool points ( I was driving a Ford escape.) lets me go anywhere off road and in bad conditions ice, high water etc. I like the stereo. Overall though the driving comfort the underpowered engine the "death wobble" the leaks the poor storage room inside make this vehicle one I will never buy again. What is wrong with Jeep? Why would they make such a large vehicle so underpowered? Who ever designed it should be fired along with the jerks who okayed the design, along with me for being stupid enough to buy it. It looks great when you first start looking but after a few months of driving you find out its a very bad choice

No Longer Admiring From Afar
By slobberdog68 on 04/13/10 17:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted this since it came out. I got it Saturday 2008 Sahara in Black- 18K miles on it! I love it. When I go over any bump-big or small something on the drivers side door or backdoor area rattles-almost like the door is not shut all the way. I have checked everything and cannot find anything loose. My husband says it's a Jeep-what do you expect? I test drove the 2010 Islander before I bought this last week and there wasn't a rattle to be found. If it's just a Jeep thing then find but I want to take it in while it's still under bumper/bumper. Otherwise I love it!

NOT STOCK!
By DK on 04/01/10 23:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My jeep is highly modified i.e.-motor performance bolt-ons, bumpers, tires(37"tall), 4' lift, 5.13 gears, dual steering stabilizers, etc. I love off roading it and all the looks I get driving on the street. Big fun in a small package. However I have many other rigs to drive on a daily basis better suited to my needs depending on what I am doing. This jeep is for fun only! It is not the best only rig to have.

Death Wobble
By pditty on 03/14/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love the vehicle for top off cruising great gas mileage (23 on the highway) but the wobble happened when crossing railroad tracks it was very violent at 30 mph. hitting the brakes stopped the wobble and everything returned to normal. tires have been balanced and rotated every 5000 mi. dealer will be looking into problem this week. I consider this vehicle to be very dangerous to drive in it's present condition.

08 HardTop Water Leaks
By OIIIIO on 03/12/10 05:43 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We own a 2008 Unlimited X 4-door. Since day 1 we've come across a mayor issue with water leaks coming from the hard top and deposits on the driver side floor causing a bad smell. Dealer did a test and the warranty part number 68004562-ac is on a "nationwide backorder" not available for anyone. Mean while our Jeep keeps getting deteriorated as a cause of the part not being available to any customers anywhere on the entire USA and Puerto Rico. No one can tell us when will the parts be available. Mean while, we might have to invest $1,600 on a soft top to avoid having continuous water leaks which can rotten and rust our floor panel. What a shame JEEP... not a good experience for us.

Wrangler Right Hand Drive
By 08WranglerRHD on 03/10/10 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep new in September of 2007 to replace my 98' right hand drive Cherokee. I owned the Jeep less than two months when the first problem occurred. The removable roof panel on the right side developed a leak. The warranty covered the repair. The next problem wasn't until February of 09' at 38k miles,out of my warranty period, the horn stopped working. I had the repair made in September of 2009 at 52k miles when the airbag light came on. I called Chrysler and filed a complaint once I found it to be a faulty clockspring inside the steering column, they covered my repair due to safety concerns. The last problem occurred in December of 09' at 60k when the water pump went out.

disappointed
By rob on 03/06/10 06:33 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this 2008 used with 13k miles. I have had an issue with a leaky soft top since I bought it. Taken it to the dealer 3x's to fix it and every time it rains, the floor boards in the back are soaked. Had to replace one of the tie rides already. Transmission line is leaking. Death wobble happens all the time, dealer can't fix it. The vehicle lacks power, should have stuck with the 4.0. Factory stereo is horrible with the top off. I used to have a 79 CJ7 witch was a mistake to get rid of. I think I will be trading the 2008 in for some sort of SUV and maybe buy an older jeep again. Jeep needs to get back to thier roots.