2008 Jeep Wrangler X
By bsfman97 on
2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I've owned this jeep 3 months and in the past month have had nothing but problems with it. The fan belt has come off 4 times. The dealership had to replace the motor at 1664 miles, put on a new alternator at 1700 miles and it has been in the shop for a week this time waiting for a new power steering pump. Every time I drive it in snow deeper than 6/8 inches deep the fan belt comes off which then causes the power steering fluid to spray all over the engine compartment. Now when I use the heater I have to open a window to get rid of the burnt power steering fluid smell so it doesn't make me sick. I haven't even taken it 4 wheeling yet. These are definitly not the Jeeps they used to be. Don't buy one.
Favorite Features
I like the ride and comfort and handling(when its running). It's actually a fun vehicle to drive. Also the heater works a 100% better than they used to.
Suggested Improvements
Put a different motor in it and design a skid plate that will keep snow for getting into the engine compartment. Also the smog canister is exposed in front of the back axle(why did they put it there?)and it needs a skid plate.