2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Its a Jeep
By lock3056 on 04/07/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 2008 when it was new, I've had it 3 years and have no complaints yet. I think people seem to be confused about what under powered is. Its not a power thing its a gear ratio thing, I have a 6 speed Manual, its a Torque monster. While it may not run 12's in the Quarter mile it will pull a stump out of the ground. Love the Hard top, It is Quieter than our 2008 Cadillac CTS on and off the freeway. Great Family Vehicle. If acceleration is an Issue you can purchase a Bully dog tuner/gauge it makes a world of difference.

Jeep Is Junk - 2008 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4x4 (automatic)
By gumby1995 on 01/02/11 07:35 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited new in 2008. Noticed right away absolutely no power during normal acceleration, to point of being dangerous. Had one incident where gas pedal stuck on hill on windy backroad. Was able to unstick pedal and break before losing control of jeep. At time thought maybe floor mat had gotten stuck, after reading reviews online, not so sure. At 40,000 miles dealer telling me power steering leaking - cost - over $1,000! Advised me during driving I could lose control and cause major accident. Sounds like death shudder others commented on in reviews. Also burning oil like crazy at 40,000 miles, dealer told me well, thats just normal for a jeep!

Jeep needs to get it together
By jason on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just sold my 2008 wrangler x unlimited. Until Jeep gets there act together and builds a quality, fuel efficient wrangler, I won't buy another Jeep product. I loved my Jeep but the fuel economy, power, and build quality far outweigh the good things about the car. I live in Florida where the roads are flat. Getting 16 mpg at 70 mph on the interstate is unacceptable. Also, I feel like the lack of power can be dangerous sometimes when merging onto an interstate or pulling out in traffic when you need power. The Jeep hesitates and doesn't move. Get it together Jeep!

Jumped tooo fast !!
By C Cherry on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in LOVE with the four door Jeep...hunted 3 months before I found 1 I liked and affordable. Four door has come along way for Jeeps-however IT IS STILL A "SUV" JEEP, NO comfort - particularly on long trips. Back seats sit straight up with No adjustments, doors swing open, lights are not auto, TEST DRIVE - LIVE in it for 24 hours first. It is a GREAT size and a looker but NO comfort!

Last Chrysler product I will ever buy
By Keith Cywinki on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The hinges on the jeep have already began to flake and fall off, and when it was taken to the dealership for repair, Chrysler denied the claim. This has been a problem with jeeps for years, and they know its a problem, but continue to ignore the problem. So, much for spending money on the extended warranty. There will be no more Chrysler products in my drive way. At least GM stands behind there products.

Love love love my Jeep!
By Beth 0505 on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely LOVE my Jeep - have wanted one ever since I turned 16, and now at 34 finally got it! The 4 door was the selling point for me as I have 2 kids to transport all over town. My Jeep is really fun to drive, the kids love it, and I can put all their sports equipment and groceries in the back! Then take a drive and take off the top - have the freedom hardtop, the front portion literally takes me 3 min to take off and stow in trunk (I've timed it)!

No power
By David Fekete on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

For a vehicle that they've been making for a long, long time, this thing is lacking in so many areas. My biggest complaint is that it's horribly under powered. Most V6s are pushing 250 to 300 horses, this thing rates at around 202. Mine's a 6 speed manual..forget about passing. The lack of a hood latch is almost dangerous. On a windy day or when a truck passes the hood slams up and down. Those big rubber bands holding down the hood just don't cut it. The soft top is not an easy off and on, they could and should have done better. In a nutshell, never again! What once was an American icon is now pretty much junk.

Rethinking My Loyalty to Jeep
By max888 on 08/23/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Initially purchased 2007 Wrangler 2- door X model. Freedom top (hard top) repeatedly leaked, despite many trip to the service dept at the dealership. Service manager told me, "They all leak," as though it should be expected. Jeep did a buy- back and shipped it back to Michigan. Replaced it with '08. Same thing--top and doors leaked like sieves. Repeated servicing, heavy-duty gaskets installed finally solved leakage problem. Next--the "death wobble." Not a new experience, as '95 Cherokee had done the same thing. Steering stabilizer replacement fixed the problem. Now, the dealership is telling me that at 54k m., the shocks are "seeping," steering damper "leaking." Want $800--NOT!

Don't buy this car
By Jsami on 08/17/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car almost three years ago and it operated fine until four months ago. First the car developed a starting problem. I have taken the car in five times for this problem and they still have not fixed it. Then the car developed another problem this time all the cars alarms went off at the same time then the win shield washer turned on and then the transmission began to kick. Apparently according to my dealer the problem was caused by my car's radio which came with the car. Then my cars AC gave out when I took it to the dealer they kept the car for four days and said nothing was wrong. Then a few days later the AC broke down so I took it to the dealer and showed it to the manager.

It's a Jeep!
By Matt on 07/31/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love it, nothing like taking the top off for the evening commute, and just cruise. Smooth ride, good fuel mileage. Get 20-21 hwy, if you can keep your foot out of it. People complain that it is sluggish, it is made to get you wherever you want to go, not a 0-60 hot rod. Everyone that has taken a closer look and ride, wants one. I will be a Wrangler owner for life.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.