2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Lucky # 3
By R3DM@N on 11/23/07 11:22 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third go-round w/ the Wrangler. I have owned a '95 YJ (College), an '03 TJ(first married), and have now settled into the 4dr JK (w/children). The new 4 doors are functional with the new additions to my family and I do not have to sacrifice driving a cool vehicle. This is not a speed machine by any means, yet is fully functional for on road usage and the offroad capabilities speak for itself. The gas milage is fair given the ride height and lack of aerodynamics. If you own one of these you are in the club. If you want an Escalade experience when driving then keep shopping.

5,000 miles and loving it!
By redsoxnpats on 11/21/07 13:58 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Owned 03 Liberty, traded it for 08 Wrangler 4 door in mid-September and love it. We avg 300+ miles a week commuting and the car gets between 17- 19 miles a gallon. Seats are comfortable, car handles well. Gets lots of looks. Owning the Jeep is like owning a piece of Americana. This car is steeped in tradition. Once you remove the soft top from the rear, and the hard top is on, there is plenty of cargo space. Handles well if you're driving along at 70 plus miles an hour. Yes there is wind noise, but mostly at high speeds. Nice speaker system. It's 50-56 dollars to fill the tank @ $3.00 a gallon when close to empty. Nice hidden compartment in the rear to hold an ER Kit. I'm extremely satisfied.

4 Door Rubicon
By Bucky on 11/19/07 10:58 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new Jeep. Smooth on and off the road. No problems with it yet.

Best Jeep I ever drove
By Missynrichub on 11/18/07 05:18 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My husband and I have owned ours now for three weeks and it is the best Jeep we ever owned. We have had Jeeps all our lives from the years of 1977, 1986, 1993, 1999, and 2002.This Jeep is a smooth ride, handles very well, almost like my Eagle Talon TSi all wheel drive I owned in my early 20's. Not as luxurious as my 2003 Suburban Z71, but I didn't order it with that expectation. It actually came darn close. Who wants leather and plush seats in a convertible that is expected to get wet. Can't do that with my Suburban. Simply put, we love it and it is a better ride than a 2001 Cherokee and larger than one. The new Jeep is so quiet you cannot even hear or feel the engine idle or shift up or down when driving. We got 23.5 mpg with three kids, a 55 lb dog, a cat, me, my hubby and our cage with clothes on back. Awesome what more can I say!

Not Much Disappointment
By DrDan on 11/11/07 08:14 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 6th Wrangler. 5th brand new one. a 97,2000, 04, 95 (used), 06 and new 08. 97, 00, and 95 had 2.5L 4 cyls. 04 had a 2.4L. Downshifted constantly. 06 had a 4.0L 6cyl. 08 has a 3.8L. The 08 gets a couple MPG better but the electronic accelerator lacks. Body style is awesome. Interior, driver sits against the door and the biggest problem is the trip set button. They stuck it right behind the window washer/wiper lever. Every time you reset the trip odometer you get a window wash too. Overall I like it. Disc brakes all the way around are an improvement too.

Nothing quite like a Jeep
By Sparky on 11/08/07 10:55 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

OK, to start off let me say I'm a foreign car guy. Ever since my first experience with taking my 1995 Dodge to the shop on a weekly basis it's been nothing but imports. That being said, this is the best product Jeep has put out in quite some time (but don't forget those beautiful little words–Lifetime Powertrain Warranty). I have 2500 miles on my 2 Dr Sahara so far and it is rock solid. No squeaks, rattles, in fact the ride is nothing short of spectacular for a vehicle with it's suspension type and the short wheelbase. Sure, it's not Lexus quiet, but that's not what you're buying. There is high speed wind noise and you aren’t going to win any road races, but that shouldn't be expected here.

Beyond pleased!
By Rickxjeeps on 11/07/07 17:20 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We've had 13 Jeeps between the two of us in our lifetime. From a 77 Cherokee to the most current model year, an 02 Grand Cherokee Limited. Retiring a 93 Wrangler that was my daily driver for the last 13 years for this model and we both are extremely pleased! The ride is impecably smooth even for a Wrangler but so much more car like. It is so quiet you forget your in a Hardtop, unlike the 93 Wrangler with the hardtop. People had trouble hearing me on the cell phone. Unlike the 4.0 in the 93 which could be heard easily, you can't hear the 3.8 motor and you forget you have it running. Factory remote start rocks! Opt for it, it's worth it! It's 10.5 inches bigger than an 08 Liberty!

Love my Jeep
By Rick on 11/02/07 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. Looks great. Drives great. Much more room than I ever anticipated. Cannot recomend it more.

I got my Jeep back!
By ownedseveral on 10/28/07 05:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Jeeps. A 94 Cherokee and 97 TJ Wrangler. After a brief and dull experience with a Chrysler Town and Country minivan, I got my Jeep back. Yes, everything about the Jeep is, well, Jeepish. I have the hard top model so wind noise is not that much of a big deal and I like the fact that I can take the front panels off on a nice day. They are light and easy. On a rainy day I have seen the top leak once and after reseating it not more leaks. I have the manual 6 speed so power is not that much of an issue. Get the power and door lock option if you have a child. My wife hates that we did not get this option.

Back In A Jeep Again
By backinajeepagain on 10/01/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Drives smooth, quiet, tracks straight, handles great for SUV. Getting actual 18.5-21mpg. Roomy for my 6'3" frame. Hard & Soft tops are much better quality. Trans shifts smooth, quick, and hardly noticeable. Very fun to drive. 3500 miles in 5 weeks, doors off 4 times. Love the room of the 4 door. You wouldn't be afraid to drive this to a black tie event. Gets lots of looks and questions. The electronic throttle is diferent,. takes a little getting used to. Could use more power. Mopar needs to offer post style mirrors that go in top hinge when doors are off, got mine off the internet. Really enjoying the amenities cruise, a/c, elec wdws, pwr locks, 6 disc, sirius. I drive 30K+ per yr.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.