Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

A Fun vehicle
By deltadawn

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2008 JK is very much improved, from previous models .It rides much better than YJ and TJ's. The only bad thing is you can't reach the back seat.It could use a little more power, but nothing is perfect. I have an X and it's the most affordable SUV on the planet. It also comes with a lifetime warranty, which isn't bad either. No other vehicle can you personalize like a jeep wrangler.

Comfort, very good brakes, classic style, lifetime warranty,

back seat access, power

1st Jeep Owner
By Mike

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep. I love it. Highly recommend it. I drove my first one on vacation as a rental in St Martin and immediately came home and traded in my Dodge Ram for a 2008 soft top.

Style, turning radius, performance in the snow and height / line of sight over other vehicles

The Jeep engineers HAVE GOT to make it easier to get into the back seat and add a seat belt strap holder so it does not flop in the wind while the top is down - major annoyance.

Loving It
By Gary

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car in June. Had an '89 Wrangler when younger. Traded in my Acura TL and don't regret it for a minute. I was concerned with build and reliability after reading reviews, but so far so good. Jeep is just awesome in the summer months. Definitely get the soft and hard top. Ride is great. Our kids go crazy for this car. My neighbor bought one last week because they loved it so much. You must learn the Jeep wave if you are a first time owner!

Soft top, stereo, seats, look, wheels, removable doors. What's not to love.

Need removable mirrors for when doors are taken off. Sirius reception is pretty bad. More powerful engine.

What's ya'll problem!
By AHM

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Everyone is complaining about leaks. Well the only leakage is on 4 door, sundowner tops 2 or 4 and hard tops. I bought a 2008 X w/auto, a/c with standard top. No leaks! Only two pain in the behind areas are the weather stripping on top on opposing corners that come flying off, and the front passenger seat that does not slide froward enough to access back seat. Mileage is good,18 around town and 21 hwy. Not a racer, just a regular ole hippie/biker guy. Performance is adequate, ride is comfy and handling is pretty darn good. Turning radius is outstanding. Yes there is some wind noise, but it is a rag top. What other vehicle gives ya'll as much fun, reliability, and enjoyment for 21 grand.

Serves my purpose, does everything a crossover can do, and holds my dog ( American Mastiff) all 225+ lbs of him in the back.

re-do front passenger seat so it slides forward more, and replace weather stripping with a permanent molding in two front corners. Also maybe just one other thing. Put a molding around windshield to make a more finish look, which might also help with other leak problems people are reporting.

malfunction already
By joanie

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

first my jeep popped out of gear sitting still and yes it was in first gear that was last week, now the malfunction light won't go off says maybe fuel or gas caps, checked both of those?

I am trying to figure out if anyone else has had this problem with the 2008 jeep wrangler/ the top leaks they fixed it supposedly 3x still leaks. hard top that is