Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Second Jeep I'M IN LOVE!
By Erik and Millisse

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Got a fantastic deal. Love the choice in colors and models. The X with the power pack is darn close to the Sahara without paying the Sahara price. Get the hard top 3 piece. No leaks, yet. Gas mileage is ok 18.5 avg. I'm going to put a cold air intake and spacer to improve fuel consumption. Its fun to drive looks great and can go anywhere offroad i need it to go. Plenty of room in the back seat and cargo area. The stereo rocks. Those who want more zoom should by a car, hello it's a Jeep

Love the 6 speed stick and the stereo. V6 is great too. 3 piece hard top is the best feature. The good ride was unexpected. Drove it 200+ miles home from the dealer and was pleasantly surprised.

4.0! More pockets and storage space up front like a dish on the dash and cup holders in the doors. Pockets in the back of the seats too. Tow kit should come with all unlimited models for that price.

my 2nd Jeep
By jane the greek

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am pretty content with this 4 door box. I also have a 2 door 99 Cherokee se that has the in line six. That Cherokee has 150k on it and still runs like a champ! It also influenced my decision on purchasing this new one i got. It's just awesome off the road.

the freedom top is cool. Off road handling is very good. The YES fabric on the inside is very good & easy to clean if you have kids or you're just dirty. All around good vehicle

The 3 pc hard top that needs to be perfectly aligned when being put back on. You can be a hair off and have rain leak onto your dash,radio etc. The inline 6 should also be an option. Painted wheel flares should also be an option on Sahara. Only after 3 washes & 1 lite off-roading scratches appeared.

Jeep J-J-Jeep
By ScottR

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

As soon as Jeep came out with the Unlimited (4-door) Wranglers, I knew I wanted one. I only have 2000 miles on it so far and can't really comment on reliability (been great so far!). Otherwise I love it! Design gets all 10s from me -- from the outside in, it's a Jeep! And the drivetrain seems to be as solid as they claim. Love the freedom tops. Sound system is much better than older Wranglers. Road noise with the hard top is not bad, which surprised me. Handles well on highway at 80+ MPH, which is also surprising (though it wanders a bit). I'm a big guy, and interior is very comfortable for me. Fuel economy? I gave it a 10 because it meets my expectations. It's a Jeep, not a Toyota.

Appearance, ground clearance, MyGig/Nav (tho MP3 needs improvement), Freedom Tops, 4-doors, suspension. Hmmm, everything except below.

Two things come to mind: I would have paid more for a V8 or a Hemi, no question. No option, though. The MyGig MP3 player interface needs tweaking. Sometimes it "crashes" and won't play anything until I turn car off and on. Sorting is bad (songs sorted my name, not Artist-Album-Name). Annoying.

Jeepin' Fun
By Jeepin Fun

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Besides the horrible experience with the dealership, we found others now, we love our rig. Bought it in Feb. "08 and put into storage in Washington with 1234 miles. Bought a home in Vegas, fly back, picked it up, loaded it and a 6x12x6 ft cargo trailer and headed back to Vegas. I did change the oil and checked it over before we left. No trouble at all coming back! I shifted down manually a lot of the time to keep rpm up as with OD off, (it just didn't down shift early enough) and it pulled every mountain pass doing the speed limit with No problems. Need to mention the trailer was loaded to the limits too! What a rig. Two and a half days! I'm fighting blood clots, so we had to stop a lot. Love it!

1) GPS 2) Cargo area with the back seat down 3) Ride and quietness on the road 4) Radio sound qualities 5) The extra "chrome" wheels, gas cap cover and grill, all made this rig a head turner with thumbs up everywhere we go.

More interior storage area around front seats for phone, sun glasses, paperwork/table, spare keys, etc. A little higher "center" jockey box, so your arm can rest comfortably, wider seat set-up, lighted visor mirrors, easier day/night switch on GPS, more starting torque like a compound low gear

We've come home
By Todd L

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We rented a Jeep Wrangler X when we were vacationing in Maui and came home and bought one. We had owned a CJ5 about 20 years ago before we started having kids. We had so much fun with the Wrangler on the Road to Hana as it took every curve and hill with ease that it reminded us just what we loved about having a jeep. This one definitely has a better heater/AC than the CJ (thank goodness) and handles great. All we own if 4x4's but the jeep handles so much better than our trucks. Thanks goodness we rented one and rediscovered what a joy it is.

The handling and the fun of the ragtop. The quick turning and stability.

The passenger seat needs to be more like the old CJs so it will allow the passengers to get into the rear seat easier. The old design was much better.

• SUV