2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My 4th and favorite Jeep
By Superman68 on 01/08/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Wow! After owning my 4-dr. Sahara now for several months, I still look forward to every time I want to drive somewhere. First of all, the hard tops do not leak if you put them on properly. The most important thing is putting the panels on in the right order and tightening from side to side until both anchors are tight...nuff said. This vehicle can maneuver, brake, corner, and is very smooth. What other vehicle on the market looks cool, has one of the highest resale values, is a great 4WD, it's convertible, virtually waterproof, and is practical and fun to drive? I would've liked a lil more power, but there are upgrades to handle that...good job Jeep!

Fun to Drive
By PB on 01/06/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 6th Jeep I've owned. It's very well built. The seats are very comfortable. Sirius satellite radio is awesome. Gas mileage is 16-17 with most being around town so far. The hard top works well with no leaks so far and I've been out in quite a bit of rain. My only true concern is how underpowered the engine is. It upshifts on any type of hill and just needs more torque. There's room in the engine bay for a larger gas or diesel engine.

Fun, fun, fun
By Tony-Chicago on 01/03/08 16:33 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had many 4x4's, but none of them ever compared to my new unlimited. I now know what the word fun to drive means. It performs in all types of situations, so far I have had it on ice, in deep snow, mud and to a wedding. It recieved more attention then the bride. Thank You Jeep.

A kid again
By Manny on 01/02/08 01:07 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased the 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, and it a joy driving it; I wish the 4 doors had been out a few years earlier. This vehicle is well adapted for the off road environment, more like amazing. It’s able to maneuver the harshest terrain. I find it to be the most solid built vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned many SUV's in the past ten years. My average MPG is anywhere from 18.4 to 19.3, this is better than my King Ranch F150 (2WD). No buyer’s remorse here.

It is what is is and that's not all bad.
By Bill B on 01/01/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Driving on the open road is terrific have yet to take it off road. Because of the low gearing of the transmission you must be ready to take off when the light turns green. This is were more power is needed without question. Love the seats which are curved like sport seats to hold you in place.

Why did I wait to buy such a great Jeep!
By Nothing better on 12/29/07 18:14 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had reservations on buying a Wrangler after reading the "expert reviews". But I always wanted a Wrangler- and after seeing the 2008 2 Dr Sahara- I had to buy one! I never even test drove one...now I have driven it nearly 5,000 miles- including a 1,500 mile trip over the Smokey Mountains w/ ave of 21 MPG and as high as 23. I know perfomance is not of my Hemi Ram, or Corvette...but better than my Tahoe or Saturn Ion. I expected comments on it's great looking exterior- but nearly everyone remarks on how "nice" the interior is appointed... The ride is very smooth on interstates-seats are very firm and supportive...cannot wait for summer to take the "tops off"! Why did I wait to buy this Jeep!

The Best One Yet
By Bullfrog on 12/29/07 11:28 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. Had an '02 and '04 and just traded in my '04 for the new '08 model. The engine on this model is significantly more quiet and has better pick up and gas mileage than my previous models. The additional 6" of length and width also make the new model much more comfortable to drive on the highway. I got the 2dr Sahara with the MyGig Navigation and the Power Group (windows and locks). The MyGig is awesome, loaded 2GB worth of music. The new softtop is cool because you can fold back the portion over the front seat without having to remove the entire top. My wife, who currently drives a Z71 Tahoe, now wants the 4 door Unlimited with Freedom Hard Top! I highly recommend!

Happy but sad
By HUTTA on 12/11/07 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this Jeep, it's my first one and I'm totaly satisfied with the ride and reliability. I only have two problems, one is that the roof leaks (I have the 3 piece hard top) and the other is that the front bumper gets damaged to easily. regarding the first problem with the leak, I brought it in and the dealer changed the rubber seal,(that didn't work), I called the dealer back and he told me that this has been a problem with the freedom top and to bring it back in and maybe I could get a one piece top that doesn't leak. The problem with that is the weight, you would need 3 people to take off the roof(boo).I'm just gonna wait and see what else jeep can come up with to fix this problem.

Jeep not a Caddy
By bob e on 12/07/07 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have a two door automatic with a hard top without the s package. It is a basic Jeep but it will do everything I want it to do and more. I have had 5 previous Wranglers but this on is so superior in every way it is ard to belive. It is a Jeep so jthe ride lets you know you are driving not sitting on a couch. With the hard top it is secure and quiet. It does enjoy gas, but I knew that when I bought it. The rear seat acccess is awful, but I don't ride in the back seat. Water runs in when you open the door in the rain and goes right into the door storage pocket, so only put water proof stuf in it. It is a Jeep you deal with it and sit back and enjoy the ride even if it is a little rough.

Jeep Wrangler Rocks!
By Bouncer on 12/05/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My Wrangler is the most fun SUV I have ever driven. I am amazed at how the Wrangler can corner like a car. There is little or no lean in corners. Its a little under powered but nothing terrible. The ride is really quiet with the hard top, but honestly the ride is bouncy. No blind spots but I did put small mirrors on it. Gets tons of looks from people. The 2DR has very little space for cargo, but back seat removes easily. Awesome seat adjustments. Awesome view when driving! You can almost drive this truck like a car. Getting in and out of the Sahara is not pleasant for short people. Seats are comfortable. Stereo, dash is high and close. Fog lights are awesome! Bumper is killer. Love my JK!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.