2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2008 Jeep Wrangler-Massachusetts
By Keith on 02/20/08 08:42 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep Wrangler and the best one yet, comfortable and stylish. The all wheel disc brakes are a nice feature, very comfortable seats, its a blast to drive. Negatives: The side doors leak bad in rain, there is a TSB#23-002-08 (Tech Service Bulletin) to repair the problem for free. It will take a full day at the dealer for this to be completed. The engine power is less than my 2000 Wrangler on the highways.

Luv It
By Rappin' Jonny D on 01/31/08 19:34 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had a CJ-7 from back in the day and there is no comparison. This Jeep corners better than my car. True, the engine shifts a bit more than one would want and the milage is quite poor, but one purchases a Jeep for other reasons. Love the flexibility of the freedom top. No issues with water leakage.

No more trucks
By weemer99 on 01/27/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I owned a 78 CJ 5 and loved it. Have had trucks every since. All have been 4 wheel drive. My new Jeep has been a joy. Mileage hasnt been an issue since I have driven 4 wheel drive pickups so the 22 I am getting is a plus. Not a speed demon by any means but I am not into raceing. The thing will turn on a dime and handles great. Serves the purpose it was purchased for. It really does turn heads. Stereo is nice addition. Love the 3 peace top. Have had no leaks and wont have top on much in the summer. Heater doesnt keep up with the low single digit but its a Jeep. Will go anywhere.

Another Gear!
By Oldone on 01/25/08 20:15 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Originaly bought to tow behind our A Class RV. This it does with no problems. After towing down to New Mexico and using on the highway for journeys bup to 300miles and now using off road on the forestry trails etc we can only say what a great fun and accomplished vehicle this is. Easy to use soft top, fantastic go-most places, great turning circle and handling make it a fun, fun, fun car. Only downside is after a few months you feel it would be even better with at least a five or six speed auto. No I dont want a manual thank you. Ratio between third and top is to wide. Overall my wife and I rate it a "Thumbs Up". Dont try and think its something its not. Just drive it and enjoy.

Fun for any age
By Big T on 01/23/08 17:04 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is simply a fun vehicle! It has good room, comfort and good safety features. Can't wait for the warm to take the top off but the Atlanta inch of snow was pretty fun too. Nope, not a little Hummer.

Just bought it
By weber on 01/21/08 19:12 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The new Jeeps are very fun and much more easy to drive. they ride very comfortably. The problem is my door hinge was not bolted on all the way and now the brake light has come on and staying on. No fluid leak no loss of fluid.

I got what I bought!
By Boston Bill on 01/21/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the first Jeep I have owned. I had a salesman who told me that I was buying a fun vehicle that would keep me smiling and enjoying the outdoors and the kids would never want to get out of it. It was not for commuting or long trips. He told me it would be noisy on the highway because of the flat front and box design, it would be bouncy and not great on gas mileage. He has been right on all fronts. I did not go out to buy an economy car, a smooth ride or fancy interior. Thats not what Jeep is offering.

1st time owner
By CaliJeep on 01/15/08 14:28 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my first Jeep. Oh my gosh it is awesome. My friend had one in high school back in the midwest and we used to mud every weekend and it would never stall in the water. Then he got a stinking Toyota and you couldn't go through six inches of water before it stalled. I love mine so far. I have only put a hundred miles on it, but it rides amazing. I am taking it up to the Sierras this weekend to check out the off roading. The only bad part is it is so nice I don't want to get it dirty. It is nice to own a piece of American History. My wife and I already established we will own this forever. With a lifetime warranty why not!

My 1st Wrangler
By Mauthie1 on 01/12/08 12:07 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st Wrangler and I love it. The drive is much smoother than I expected, I love the interior. The MPG could be better, but I bought it knowing this. Great SUV, I love the style and great look of it.

2008 Sahara Problems
By Sahara on 01/08/08 20:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and it is junk. 1,500 miles and so far 4 problems. Massive Freedom top leak that leaks down on the dash into the radio and speakers everytime it rains. Muffler heat shield loose. Drivers side heat shield loose. Factory Sirus radio TSB issued because radio sounds like speakers are blown out. Trading a used car in because I wanted the security of a new jeep and what a dam mistake. Car has been down at the dealer for 3 days now. Didnt want to give rental until i called Jeep directly. Jeep will only give $40 a day. Jeep quality is horrible along with gas mileage. Cant wait to see what goes next. I reccommend to anyone the life bumper to bumper

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.