2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Wow
By Patrick on 03/18/08 21:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This north American Icon is truly the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Excellent vehicle good fit and finish quiet interior.

What is that car, a Hummer?
By PopPop on 03/17/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We love our new Unlimited X 4 door. It rides nicely. We had a 2001 Wrangler Sport and it rode pretty well but was noisy. This Unlimited X far exceeds my expectations on ride quality and noise. It also has better gas mileage than the smaller Wrangler Sport. We are averaging around 20 mpg so far. It is a great looking vehicle. It has lots of room compared to the Sport. The engine is smooth but could use more power. The freedom top leaks a few drops but I think they fixed that. It is a great Jeep compared to its predecessors.

Just got her!
By PLATINUM950 on 03/16/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well after a couple days with the Sahara Unlimited 4wd, I am having a blast. I love the space, I like how high it sits, and having test driven about 6 different Jeeps (my family has also owned about 4 Jeeps in the past 6 years so I am pretty familiar with them) I am pleased with the final choice. I sometimes think the people who come up with the "underpowered" statements are the same people who drive minivans like sports cars. A Jeep is for beating mother nature's collective butt when she throws hard weather at you. Just come here to Vermont, so these "underpowered" people might get it. Put it this way, would you want an xterra pulling ya outta the mud & snow or a Jeep? nuff said!

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4x, 4dr, V6
By M7 on 03/14/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Hands down best 4x4 i have ever driven. i work in the mountains east of San Diego and i drive it over some really tough terrain (it's my work vehicle). it climbs like crazy and i can go places that the other trucks cannot. we beat em up and drive em hard out here, but this thing is solid. even rides smooth on the highway; it feels more solid and stable than the smaller jeeps. i love this truck.

Hinges rust
By Dave on 03/14/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My hinges and black bolts/washers have rusted after 4500 miles. My Jeep is 100% garage kept. My local dealership cannot figure out how to fix and is not willing to. I am very disappointed and frustrated. This should not happen on any new vehicle. I have contacted my local dealer 9 times now without any luck. I have just filed a complaint with Chrysler which I hope will bring results. The workmanship is poor as well as their service apparently.

Finally got my Jeep
By rapsoda65 on 03/13/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted a Jeep CJ back in the day, got married and never got one. Now she's gone and I got my Jeep. Most fun I've ever had in a car. 2 weeks ago took it out with the top down for the first time, can't wait for summer. Comfy ride for a Jeep. Handles better than I expected for an SUV, and this is not my first SUV. Gas mileage is about what EPA rating says it is. Looks good outside and in, but interior needs a little work. Odd placement of window cranks and center dash console has too sharp an edge at the drivers knee. Center arm rest could be higher. Seating position and seats are comfortable.

I'm Happy With It..
By BBK on 03/09/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep, although I have owned other 4wd vehicles. This 4 wheel drive system is the best I have had, other have included Ford, Chevy and Toyota. I have the 6 speed manual tranny, I shift quickly and am easy on the gas and average 20.7 MPG (both highway and city). I have the hardtop with the removable sections over the driver and passenger. No leaks after removing them a few times and reinstalling. Open the door in the rain though and you will get a stream of water in the truck as water follows the gap in front and into the vehicle rather than down the glass on a closed front door. Ride is good up front but in the back you sit on the axle making it bumpy. It is what it is.

Wanted one for 10 years.
By W on 03/05/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have been wanting a Jeep for 10 years and now finally I have my own. I have had it for 2 weeks and I love it! The feeling, the community, the Jeep life. Yea it sucks gas and it takes 55 dollars to fill up. Who cares? It's a Jeep! i just love it! It is one of the few convertibles for men

2008 Jeep Wrangler X
By bsfman97 on 03/02/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this jeep 3 months and in the past month have had nothing but problems with it. The fan belt has come off 4 times. The dealership had to replace the motor at 1664 miles, put on a new alternator at 1700 miles and it has been in the shop for a week this time waiting for a new power steering pump. Every time I drive it in snow deeper than 6/8 inches deep the fan belt comes off which then causes the power steering fluid to spray all over the engine compartment. Now when I use the heater I have to open a window to get rid of the burnt power steering fluid smell so it doesn't make me sick. I haven't even taken it 4 wheeling yet. These are definitly not the Jeeps they used to be. Don't buy one.

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
By Brad on 03/02/08 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep but after having a GMC Jimmy there's no comparison. Steering is light but responsive, corners well and the highway ride is much improved over past generations. Noise is still there but not dominating. Engine isn't a powerhouse but with the 6 spd that's up to the driver, and it can go fairly well. No problems with the roof or door seals. Suspension is firm but in town it doesn't have a problem absorbing northern Alberta potholes. If you want a cushy ride, buy a Crown Vic. I plan to have this thing for a long time, and so far so good!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.