2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My 2008 Wrangler Unlimited X
By Sharon on 05/01/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first Jeep Wrangler X and so far I'm lovin' it! Traded my 2006 Expedition and no regrets, It drives, rides and handles real nice. It's a head turner and my friends are impressed.Love the sporty 4 door style. Good cargo room and seats 5 comfortably. Fuel economy? Much better! I see a long happy driving future with my Jeep

i got taken
By policeroadking on 04/30/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Oh it rides ok, on a flat bed tow truck. Bottom end rattles/hard top leaks & still leaks.Tranny leaks /soft top leaks /no power/had to pull it out of snow pile with my 2000 Jeep /I don't like it /50 % of miles are taking it to service dept!

Fifth Wrangler and Best Yet!
By Mark on 04/13/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I purchased this four- door Wrangler last Tuesday and immediately took it on a 250 mile round trip and found it to be undoubtedly the BEST Wrangler we've owned yet! It's very comfortable, quiet and even though it has less HP than our previous 4.0's, I haven't found it to be lacking in acceleration. Also, we achieved 23.6 mpg on the interstate. Incredible for a Wrangler, especially for a brand new one. I highly recommend the four-door Wrangler for someone looking for the best and most capable 4X4.

Rubicon or nothing!!!
By webou812 on 04/11/08 04:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Starting it up the first time,and driving off was awesome! Turned the first corner and hopped off road! Incredible!! on or ff road. I've owned lots of 4x4's including other jeeps, and this years 2008 jeep Rubicon has them all beat, hands down! If you can afford the Rubicon, get it with some of the new whistles and bells, power windows/locks in a jeep too cool! The new hardtop is a must it provides security, much warmer in the cold months, and best of all it comes apart in 3 pieces! I highly recommend this Jeep Rubicon!! Love the wheels too. All in all its hands down the best jeep I've ever seen, and the best 4x4 I've ever had! Don't forget to wave, It's a jeep thing!!!

A real SUV!
By Andre Neves on 04/09/08 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Sold my '06 Evolution IX MR for this. Was never an SUV type of guy but this thing is a blast. Gas mileage isn't anything to rave about but it is expected from a car like this. Ride is comfortable, great seats, acceleration is acceptable. Could use about 50 HP more for highway acceleration though. Off road capability is untouchable by anything out there other than a REAL hummer (H1). Haven't tried folding the soft top yet but looking forward to it. Al ot of nice features/options like remote start, SIRIUS, Infiniti system, Hitch, etc. Interior is a great place to be in, seats are firm yet comfortable for long rides. Handles great even with BFG tires. I would highly recommend this to anyone

This thing grows on you
By Jon on 04/06/08 00:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I worry about driving my kids around in this.. What happens if we rollover? Would we be cut to shreds by a disintegrating hard-top ? Not my first choice. But my kids LOVE it. I like the utilitarian interior. 6- speed transmission is OK and fun to operate. Reasonable acceleration off the line in 1st and 2nd. After that, there is not much get up and go, but I think in this vehicle, too much acceleration would lead to trouble due to the high center of gravity. Riding around town in this is FUN ... Highway driving is a little wobbly. Steering is vague, which IS NOT GOOD. This is the only vehicle that does NOT look like something else, which makes it unique.

Better equipment further to get stuck
By hammer on 04/04/08 23:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't driven a jeep in 20 years. The Rubicon has a good comfortable ride, low range no doubt is a true rock crawler, to truly enjoy the vehicle have no less than 5K on the vehicle. Great equipment, Keep in mind the better the equipment the further to get in deep trouble and far away from the nearest towing garage. I was once told that you need to buy an Wrangler X to build it up a true jeep. Don't believe that, there plenty of more building to get the Rubicon where you want it.

Top Down Doors off
By topdowndoorsoff on 04/02/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first jeep ever owned! We love it! It was a toss up between a Jeep and a VW Beetle Convertible. No comparison here. My wife feels very safe driving jeep, especially in the snow. Love the Rescue Green Color. Be prepared for people to ask,what is it? Duh... A 4-door Wrangler! Looks like a Hummer. Can't wait till summer and take to the beach!!!

Second Time the charm- My Jeep X 4dr
By Kim on 03/25/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Was a wrangler owner in 1996, had tons of issues but loved to drive it. They fixed everything I hated about the old models. It rides smooth, layout inside and out is perfect. VERY QUIET-- love that. Performance is good, could be a tad better but I am happy with it. Get BETTER gas mileage than my 4cyl 4dr Saturn wagon [seriously]. so far 20-21 mpg with mixed driving and it is very new [500 miles] so mileage will improve with driving. I missed my old jeep for YEARS, used to go to the lot and sigh every time I saw one but a two door was too small for me now-- enter the 4door unlimited!!! Thank you Jeep-- I luv you!

Not Happy!
By Jeep Girl on 03/19/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

At first things were going well. I have had my Wrangler just under 6 months. and already had an issue. An ice storm hit my house a branch went through the soft top. Next day had a check from the insurance comp. felling pretty good. Took the jeep to the dealership who sold me my jeep they replied no problem we will order one have it here in 2 days. One week later and shipping my jeep 4 counties away still no jeep. The soft tops do not fit. Before the accident great! Do not ever let anything happen to yours because there is no replacement. At this time I am looking to trade it on a truck or some other 4x4. Love 4x4 hate the jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.