2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Don't buy this car
By Jsami on 08/17/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car almost three years ago and it operated fine until four months ago. First the car developed a starting problem. I have taken the car in five times for this problem and they still have not fixed it. Then the car developed another problem this time all the cars alarms went off at the same time then the win shield washer turned on and then the transmission began to kick. Apparently according to my dealer the problem was caused by my car's radio which came with the car. Then my cars AC gave out when I took it to the dealer they kept the car for four days and said nothing was wrong. Then a few days later the AC broke down so I took it to the dealer and showed it to the manager.

disappointed
By rob on 03/06/10 06:33 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this 2008 used with 13k miles. I have had an issue with a leaky soft top since I bought it. Taken it to the dealer 3x's to fix it and every time it rains, the floor boards in the back are soaked. Had to replace one of the tie rides already. Transmission line is leaking. Death wobble happens all the time, dealer can't fix it. The vehicle lacks power, should have stuck with the 4.0. Factory stereo is horrible with the top off. I used to have a 79 CJ7 witch was a mistake to get rid of. I think I will be trading the 2008 in for some sort of SUV and maybe buy an older jeep again. Jeep needs to get back to thier roots.

Second Jeep I'M IN LOVE!
By Erik and Millisse on 10/16/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Got a fantastic deal. Love the choice in colors and models. The X with the power pack is darn close to the Sahara without paying the Sahara price. Get the hard top 3 piece. No leaks, yet. Gas mileage is ok 18.5 avg. I'm going to put a cold air intake and spacer to improve fuel consumption. Its fun to drive looks great and can go anywhere offroad i need it to go. Plenty of room in the back seat and cargo area. The stereo rocks. Those who want more zoom should by a car, hello it's a Jeep

Smile from ear to ear.
By Pat on 07/03/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far my favorite vehicle. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. The fuel economy has been surprisingly good 21 MPG. I have had zero problems with this Jeep. I love it and hope it lasts forever. I canít imagine driving anything other than a wrangler now. Iím so glad I traded in the BMW!

My 2008 Wrangler Unlimited X
By Sharon on 05/01/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first Jeep Wrangler X and so far I'm lovin' it! Traded my 2006 Expedition and no regrets, It drives, rides and handles real nice. It's a head turner and my friends are impressed.Love the sporty 4 door style. Good cargo room and seats 5 comfortably. Fuel economy? Much better! I see a long happy driving future with my Jeep

Fun for any age
By Big T on 01/23/08 17:04 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is simply a fun vehicle! It has good room, comfort and good safety features. Can't wait for the warm to take the top off but the Atlanta inch of snow was pretty fun too. Nope, not a little Hummer.

Fun to drive
By L Lucas on 09/18/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun vehicle to drive. Gets lots of looks, so be prepared to be asked questions, primarily how much they cost. I guess people think they cost a lot more that they do which makes it a value in itself. The only thing I have to remark on is the position of the arm rest, both on the door and the console. I am 5'8", so not abnormal in height for a woman....the center console is pretty low and there is no arm rest on the door. However, keeping in mind that this is not a luxury car and not bought for comfort, I really can't complain. Love it, love it, love it and really happy with the Jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.