2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I Won't Miss It
By MyMistake on 10/21/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep Saraha Unlimited in August of '08. I traded my Honda Ridgeline because I wanted to drive American. Big mistake! The Jeep is very underpowered. If I even tow an empty 5x8 enclosed trailer, I know it is there. When I tow a single Waverunner the Jeep struggles and revs excessively. It is a good off road vehicle, if that is what you are looking for. I have had Jeeps before and this one was an improvement in areas like ride and interior comfort. Keep in mind that even with the longer wheelbase, the ride is still that of a Jeep. It is a lot of work to take it on a trip of 300 miles of more. It is affected by small amounts of wind and the interior is noisy. Not recommended by me.

Real Sport Utility
By Wilie KihotE on 02/07/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned lots of suvs including 3 Jeeps. The Unlimited is the most capable. It can haul more inside than a Grand Cherokee. It tows my trailer with tractor easily. Lot of leg room front and rear. JK's are 4" wider so there is shoulder room. AC is powerful as is heater. The 6 speed is smooth shifting even when it is -11 outside. Nice stereo system. 1st birthday with 18,000 miles. Not a single problem. What else can you ask for? Bottom line: Where else can you get a 4door 4wd, convertible with a great ride and unlimited options for under 20 large? No wood, no leather, no separate climate control, no fleeting styling cues. Just solid performance.

my 2nd Jeep
By jane the greek on 10/12/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am pretty content with this 4 door box. I also have a 2 door 99 Cherokee se that has the in line six. That Cherokee has 150k on it and still runs like a champ! It also influenced my decision on purchasing this new one i got. It's just awesome off the road.

No Question! Underpowered! But fun!
By idtpes on 08/12/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It really is a fun vehicle. Wife and kids love it. I put aftermarket muffler, cold air intake, throttle body spacer and I get 18.5 city, 25 highway, slight HP increase. Needs seat pockets, storage compartments lacks. Hit a deer, minor bumper damage, rest of vehicle was undamaged, can't say same about deer. Aftermarket supercharger is now available adding 125 HP...very expensive though. Chrysler, make the 4.7 L or a HEMI option avail! The hard top/soft top combo is very nice feature. passenger rear windows are engineered very well, the Velcro isn't very stable, at highway speeds they separate from the frame. mygig option is dynamite feature. Uconnect is disabled though.

Unlimited SAHARA
By doom trooper on 05/03/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 08 UNLIMITED SAHARA it surprised me when I found out how quiet the ride is and how it has completely beaten the older models. I have owned 4x4's before both trucks and full size suvs and I will admit that they all had a good ride and handled well BUT this jeep beats them all. I showed my 08 unlimited Sahara to my cousin who still has an original CJ5 and he told me straight up that it completely beats his CJ in every way. He agrees with me that the removable hard top comes in handy in sunny worm weather.

Hinges rust
By Dave on 03/14/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My hinges and black bolts/washers have rusted after 4500 miles. My Jeep is 100% garage kept. My local dealership cannot figure out how to fix and is not willing to. I am very disappointed and frustrated. This should not happen on any new vehicle. I have contacted my local dealer 9 times now without any luck. I have just filed a complaint with Chrysler which I hope will bring results. The workmanship is poor as well as their service apparently.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.