Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Don't buy this car
By Jsami

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car almost three years ago and it operated fine until four months ago. First the car developed a starting problem. I have taken the car in five times for this problem and they still have not fixed it. Then the car developed another problem this time all the cars alarms went off at the same time then the win shield washer turned on and then the transmission began to kick. Apparently according to my dealer the problem was caused by my car's radio which came with the car. Then my cars AC gave out when I took it to the dealer they kept the car for four days and said nothing was wrong. Then a few days later the AC broke down so I took it to the dealer and showed it to the manager.

If you are looking for a new car don't buy a Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge. Sometimes I think I bought a time share on the car because my dealer has the car about 40% of the time.

disappointed
By rob

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this 2008 used with 13k miles. I have had an issue with a leaky soft top since I bought it. Taken it to the dealer 3x's to fix it and every time it rains, the floor boards in the back are soaked. Had to replace one of the tie rides already. Transmission line is leaking. Death wobble happens all the time, dealer can't fix it. The vehicle lacks power, should have stuck with the 4.0. Factory stereo is horrible with the top off. I used to have a 79 CJ7 witch was a mistake to get rid of. I think I will be trading the 2008 in for some sort of SUV and maybe buy an older jeep again. Jeep needs to get back to thier roots.

With the top off the jeep is very fun to drive.

Go back to the 4.0 motor. Fix the death wobble issue before some one gets killed! Have the upgraded stereo in all the models. Have a longer warranty (50k would be better)

Second Jeep I'M IN LOVE!
By Erik and Millisse

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Got a fantastic deal. Love the choice in colors and models. The X with the power pack is darn close to the Sahara without paying the Sahara price. Get the hard top 3 piece. No leaks, yet. Gas mileage is ok 18.5 avg. I'm going to put a cold air intake and spacer to improve fuel consumption. Its fun to drive looks great and can go anywhere offroad i need it to go. Plenty of room in the back seat and cargo area. The stereo rocks. Those who want more zoom should by a car, hello it's a Jeep

Love the 6 speed stick and the stereo. V6 is great too. 3 piece hard top is the best feature. The good ride was unexpected. Drove it 200+ miles home from the dealer and was pleasantly surprised.

4.0! More pockets and storage space up front like a dish on the dash and cup holders in the doors. Pockets in the back of the seats too. Tow kit should come with all unlimited models for that price.

Smile from ear to ear.
By Pat

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far my favorite vehicle. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. The fuel economy has been surprisingly good 21 MPG. I have had zero problems with this Jeep. I love it and hope it lasts forever. I canít imagine driving anything other than a wrangler now. Iím so glad I traded in the BMW!

I love the styling and ride. Iím amazed how quiet the interior is! Love the leather wrapped steering wheel. Automatic Transmission shifts smooth! I love my Jeep!

Stronger acoustics from the audio system.

My 2008 Wrangler Unlimited X
By Sharon

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my first Jeep Wrangler X and so far I'm lovin' it! Traded my 2006 Expedition and no regrets, It drives, rides and handles real nice. It's a head turner and my friends are impressed.Love the sporty 4 door style. Good cargo room and seats 5 comfortably. Fuel economy? Much better! I see a long happy driving future with my Jeep

Sporty Wrangler style, handling and better fuel economy.

Would put a clip in the door. Won't stay open when you are trying to exit.