2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Water Leaks But Otherwise a Good Vehicle
By Bayrat on 01/12/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love Jeeps, have owned them for years and find this one to be much "better" or more well rounded than previous models. The power of the V6 is barely adequate but with the stick it does OK. Not sure how one would do with less than the 4.11 gears in mine. Fit and finish is good, the paint is flawless. The seats are comfortable for my bad back, large enough to use my portable lumbar support. It rides better than previous models and handles well too, given it is built primarily for an off-road vehicle. Soccer moms, forget it, you would not find the rough ride is a good replacement for your Lincoln Navigator. The only problem I have had and continue to have is hardtop leaks.

My first Jeep!
By Asartain29 on 01/02/09 06:55 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Wrangler for a long time, and I finally purchased one in Feb. 2008. It is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2DR, steel blue metallic in color, BF Goodrich Mud Tires, Infinity sound system, satellite radio, wanted manual transmission but went with automatic. I have owned my jeep for almost a year and I love it. Have had no problems, and it is off-road all the time. It is a beast off-road, and is impossible to get stuck. I have went up inclines that would make most people urinate on themselves, and she has never once slipped. I have only had to use 4low twice. I am going to drive my jeep until the wheels fall off. I love having the top down, and the doors off. Buy One

Tank of the road
By dave on 10/01/08 17:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is great. With the right tires its great driving in all weather. Goes through everything with ease. Its the perfect truck for WNY weather. Snow driving couldn't be more fun. Road noise and wind noise are bad but it is a box. Awesome off road truck. Nice cause it can fit in small areas. Real easy to see all the way around the truck. Great breaks. No complaints other than noise and fuel mileage. Its a babe magnet. LOL

Nice, but Liked my CJ5 Better
By Maui Jeep on 06/15/08 00:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is a Hawaii Jeep so the top is off a lot. Sunrider top is easy and quick. Still surprised by the poor gas mileage but it's improved to about 16 city and 22 highway with 5,000 miles on the odometer. I wanted the shorter model but the unlimited rides better. Back seat entry is best left to the kids. Can't see the wheel flairs so be careful around close quarters. Steering wheel diameter seems larger than what it needs to be. Maybe its my memory, but my 78 CJ5 was more of a kick to drive. Other 4WD I've owned: Toyota 4-Runner, Tundra PU, Chev Blazer and half ton PU.

Rubicon or nothing!!!
By webou812 on 04/11/08 04:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Starting it up the first time,and driving off was awesome! Turned the first corner and hopped off road! Incredible!! on or ff road. I've owned lots of 4x4's including other jeeps, and this years 2008 jeep Rubicon has them all beat, hands down! If you can afford the Rubicon, get it with some of the new whistles and bells, power windows/locks in a jeep too cool! The new hardtop is a must it provides security, much warmer in the cold months, and best of all it comes apart in 3 pieces! I highly recommend this Jeep Rubicon!! Love the wheels too. All in all its hands down the best jeep I've ever seen, and the best 4x4 I've ever had! Don't forget to wave, It's a jeep thing!!!

Better equipment further to get stuck
By hammer on 04/04/08 23:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't driven a jeep in 20 years. The Rubicon has a good comfortable ride, low range no doubt is a true rock crawler, to truly enjoy the vehicle have no less than 5K on the vehicle. Great equipment, Keep in mind the better the equipment the further to get in deep trouble and far away from the nearest towing garage. I was once told that you need to buy an Wrangler X to build it up a true jeep. Don't believe that, there plenty of more building to get the Rubicon where you want it.

Jeep not a Caddy
By bob e on 12/07/07 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have a two door automatic with a hard top without the s package. It is a basic Jeep but it will do everything I want it to do and more. I have had 5 previous Wranglers but this on is so superior in every way it is ard to belive. It is a Jeep so jthe ride lets you know you are driving not sitting on a couch. With the hard top it is secure and quiet. It does enjoy gas, but I knew that when I bought it. The rear seat acccess is awful, but I don't ride in the back seat. Water runs in when you open the door in the rain and goes right into the door storage pocket, so only put water proof stuf in it. It is a Jeep you deal with it and sit back and enjoy the ride even if it is a little rough.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.