Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Last Chrysler product I will ever buy
By Keith Cywinki

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The hinges on the jeep have already began to flake and fall off, and when it was taken to the dealership for repair, Chrysler denied the claim. This has been a problem with jeeps for years, and they know its a problem, but continue to ignore the problem. So, much for spending money on the extended warranty. There will be no more Chrysler products in my drive way. At least GM stands behind there products.

Very Satisfied
By VSmith

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2 door Sahara in Dec 2007 and put about 6K on it annually. I've been very satisfied with it, no problems or service needed beyond oil changes. I've had good luck with Jeep products with respect to reliability.

Cool looks, very off road capable.

Needs a bit more pep, hard top does occasionally leak a drop or two, but I'm in Florida (it rains here) and it is after all a Jeep!

It's a jeep nuff said
By Ricky

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had many jeeps in fact traded a 2002 gc limited to buy the wrangler so far only minor problems that the dealer has always fixed in day I most problems are dealer related (either don't now how or don't want to fix problems, guess I'm lucky.

top, down door off

better gas mileage

35 years as a Jeep customer
By Steven McCrate

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned Jeep Wranglers since 1974 and I have yet to be disappointed in any way. I have owned 8 all together and at the present time I'm in a 2008 Wrangler Sahara. I don't work for Chrysler, so I don't get employee discounts, and I still buy Jeeps. I feel safe and free to travel at any time in any weather that the Michigan climate can dish out. My job depends on me showing up for work every day bad weather or not. And my Jeep Wrangler gives me this feeling. I know what to expect and what not to expect from a Wrangler, same as you would from a Corvette or a pickup truck. I am very pleased with all my jeeps and I at the age of 60 years old I don't plan on any changes. Thank you.

It's a Jeep. It doesn't look like every other vehicle on the road. Very dependable! Fun to drive, you have a convertible in the summer and a four wheel drive in the winter.

I would like to see an (AWD) all wheel drive version come out in the future. I'm 60 years old and it would be nice not to have to manually engage the four wheel system.

Under powered gas guzzler
By Jaded JK

2008 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After 60 years the Jeep as we know it and have come to love is very much improved, but sadly, with much more to prove. I personally own the 08 Jeep JK, Sahara, Wrangler "California Concept". I got a great deal, considering the bad economy but read my other comments below to appreciate my findings.

Exterior: Very manly and beefy looks and the wider stance offers better handling on the highway and better ability to take corners harder. Interior: Much more room than ever before and I like the seats capability to "rise or lower" just by cranking a lever up or down and the power windows are nice.

For the highway-merging speed is slow. uphill inclines on roads and ability to overtake a vehicle are poor. Where is the V8! I'm averaging 13.1 mpg!! Dealerships need to include Mopar shops on site!