2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Last Chrysler product I will ever buy
By Keith Cywinki on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The hinges on the jeep have already began to flake and fall off, and when it was taken to the dealership for repair, Chrysler denied the claim. This has been a problem with jeeps for years, and they know its a problem, but continue to ignore the problem. So, much for spending money on the extended warranty. There will be no more Chrysler products in my drive way. At least GM stands behind there products.

Very Satisfied
By VSmith on 07/30/10 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2 door Sahara in Dec 2007 and put about 6K on it annually. I've been very satisfied with it, no problems or service needed beyond oil changes. I've had good luck with Jeep products with respect to reliability.

It's a jeep nuff said
By Ricky on 07/24/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had many jeeps in fact traded a 2002 gc limited to buy the wrangler so far only minor problems that the dealer has always fixed in day I most problems are dealer related (either don't now how or don't want to fix problems, guess I'm lucky.

35 years as a Jeep customer
By Steven McCrate on 07/12/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned Jeep Wranglers since 1974 and I have yet to be disappointed in any way. I have owned 8 all together and at the present time I'm in a 2008 Wrangler Sahara. I don't work for Chrysler, so I don't get employee discounts, and I still buy Jeeps. I feel safe and free to travel at any time in any weather that the Michigan climate can dish out. My job depends on me showing up for work every day bad weather or not. And my Jeep Wrangler gives me this feeling. I know what to expect and what not to expect from a Wrangler, same as you would from a Corvette or a pickup truck. I am very pleased with all my jeeps and I at the age of 60 years old I don't plan on any changes. Thank you.

Under powered gas guzzler
By Jaded JK on 07/04/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

After 60 years the Jeep as we know it and have come to love is very much improved, but sadly, with much more to prove. I personally own the 08 Jeep JK, Sahara, Wrangler "California Concept". I got a great deal, considering the bad economy but read my other comments below to appreciate my findings.

Driving is Fun Again!
By Cheadlem on 05/01/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the Jeep about a month but I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I've had numerous compliments on the color (Red Oyster) and the style (Sahara 2D) and have taken the top off and on multiple times as the rain dictates. It is easy and comfortable to drive in the city and on the highway. The sound system is fantastic and it gets better than expected mileage (~16 city/21 Hwy). It is extremely maneuverable and I can park it right beside my '03 Suburban in my garage and open both doors. I wouldn't have gone for the satellite radio or navigation system but they came with it and now I wouldn't want to do without them. I'm a Jeep man now.

Enjoying the Jeep
By BTM449 on 12/23/08 18:02 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This was the first American car purchased in the last 20 year. Along with the Jeep, I own an 08 Acura MDX, 04 BMW 3-Series convertible, and an 06 BMW 5-Series. The Jeep is exactly what I expected; the complete opposite of these vehicles. It drives like a truck and has minimal luxury features. You either love it or hate it... And after the first extreme snow storm here in New England, I love it. The Jeep does exactly what it is supposed to do. The 4-wheel-drive plows though and makes you feel quite safe even though you do not have a lot surrounding you. There is not a lot of power, cannot accelerate quickly, but you can get yourself unstuck. Excellent quality and value (so far). BUY JEEP

1st Jeep Owner
By Mike on 09/21/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first jeep. I love it. Highly recommend it. I drove my first one on vacation as a rental in St Martin and immediately came home and traded in my Dodge Ram for a 2008 soft top.

Wrangler; I'm back!
By Butler Jeeper on 09/08/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my Mustang convert in order to get back into a Wrangler. This is my third one and they just keep getting better. Sahara has the perfect trim level for cruising. The 18" wheels and Dueler A/T tires can take you anywhere. Plenty of power and acceleration for freeway cruising. The 6-speed shifts so smoothly! No complaints about gas mileage. The trip computer consistently shows I'm getting just over 23 mpg average per tankful (30/70 city/highway). Almost 6000 miles and not a problem. This vehicle gets a lot of looks. Can't wait for Camp Jeep 2009!

Jeep seeking mud
By WAVE NY on 06/23/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my new JEEP! I like walking up to it from a store and just thinking this thing is just a big ol toy! About the leaking, there was a notice about the freedom tops leaking due to inadequate weather stripping. What warranties are for! Plenty of power for me, and i don't think anyone buys a wrangler that is overly worried about shelling out for gas. Keep Jeepin and Wave!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.