Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

If you hate yourself...Buy One!
By Jeff Murray

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Least comfortable automobile I've ever owned. Added candles to the front the headlights were so bad. Rusting inside out. Never been offroad. Piece of crap!

Simply AWESOME!
By Anthony

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I would have to say this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Rubicon lives up to its hype.... best in comfort, handling, and looks great! Theres not much you cant do with the Rubicon... love the lockers for the front and rear. My whole family loves this vehicle.... I will never own anything other than a Rubicon!!

Bought mine and am having fun Modding it
By Deserteagle

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I are new empty nesters so I thought it would be fun to own something not as practical as the usual SUV. My wife was completely against it since she loved the other SUV but I talked her into it and it's good that I did. Her Honda Civic seemed to have developed a crack in the engine block the week I bought this and she had to drive the Jeep while her car was getting a free engine from Honda. During the two weeks it had dumped about 2 feet of snow and she hadn't driven a manual that much in her life so for the first couple of days she really, really didn't like this Jeep and was very vocal about it. After that she started to like it and after her car was done I had to bribe her and pry the keys from her hands (she literally has a grip of a ninja!). The Jeep was used but in incredible shape with only 60K on it. The previous owner had put on a 2k winch front bumper,lights, side bars, 33 inch tires, 4 inch lift, nice winch and many many other custom parts. He also Rino coated the whole under carriage. I asked the dealer if it was possible for me to talk to him and they made it happen. Apparently him and his new wife were having a baby and she put her foot down and demanded a more responsible SUV for the family than the Jeep. He never took it off road and basically just liked to customize it. He said he put about 6k worth of stuff on it and was surprised I got it so cheap from the dealership. He looked sad to see it again actually.

We've had it for about a year now and I've spent about 3k more on customized parts for it. I've had it off road for hunting and whatnot but not anything serious because I learned it takes all day to clean the thing after taking it mudding. After the 16 vehicles I've had in my life this is my favorite. It gets good mileage for what it is in town going to work, has plenty of room for the trips to Sam's Club and Home Depot, turns heads where ever it goes and is fun in the summer with the top off. It's very comfortable to drive for a 6'2 guy but also my wife who is 5'5. The only problem so far is fighting over who gets to drive it now.

I would buy one again but to be honest I don't see us getting rid of this one unless some meat head wreaks into it or it get's stolen.

Never will buy a Jeep again
By Tammy

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have contemplated on buying a jeep for many months since I have a 5 mth old and I'm a huge chevy girl. Since I live in Michigan we get alot of snow where I am. I heard a jeep is the way to go. I test drove unlimted and rubicons 4 dr brands cuz that's the style I liked narrowed it down to a sahara unlimited since the rubicon felt like it bounced around way too much. I seen one at a dealership test drove it quickly because they were closing in an hr. I bought it that night drove it next morning to work it shook so bad end up needing a right caliper, brakes and rotors. They fixed for free but I don't trust it at all still feels like it bounces all over the place god forbid if i hit a small bump in the road and i get scared if i go faster then 60 in it so no highway driving for me. Cannot wait to pay this piece of crap off and buy me a chevy product.

Love it
By Dave

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My 2008 x i bought used with 56k
Im up to 66k now and i had a few very minor problems but i love it
Lord willing i plan on driving hr until she dies
I take very good care of her kee her clean all her fluids up to level oil changes before recommended change
Like anything else if you take care of it it will last. I drive no higher then 70 on the highway but its usually 60-65. I accelerate at a reasonable pace. I plan on gettingg a little commuter car so i can make this jeep last
I absolutely love it