WILL ALWAYS HAVE @ LEAST ONE IN MY GARAGE!
By traveler55 on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
Was very hesitant to buy American, as I am a devout Toyota guy, but the new FJ Cruiser didn't offer everything I wanted(especially a soft top). Also neede more room inside, so the new unlimited fit the bill. Bought it used in 2010 w/27,000 mi. on it. Have only had to do normal maintenance so far on it. Brakes, oil, belt, fluids, etc. I am big on preventative maint. anyway, so hopefully I won't have too many issues that are unexpected. I also tow a tent camper with it, and it tows very well. Gearing is for off-road, so it shifts a little more than a pick-up, etc., but all-in-all, tows well. By the way this is an automatic, but wasn't a choice. .Wife can't drive stick. Oh well.
Favorite Features
The soft top is the [violative content deleted]! If anyone thinks that they don't work well in the winter, I can tell you they are wrong. You just have to be careful if you are getting more than a foot of heavy stuff, as that is a lot of weight for the top and frame. Off-road capability has impressed me for sure. For being so heavy, you wouldn't even know it when off the pavement. The new engine for 2007 has plenty of power. I know the die hards, including myself, love an inline six, but this engine easily does the job. The Jeep wave, and conversation when meeting other Jeep owners, I have to say, is cool too.
Suggested Improvements
More cubbies and holes to stash stuff in the front. Factory lock for the hood. Higher, deeper center console, and more water coverage for the radio and instrument panel on the dash. Factory water-proof seat covers. Other than that, I think Jeep gives you what you need to have fun.