2007 Jeep Wrangler 3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Versatile and fuel efficient (surprise!)

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Versatile and fuel efficient (surprise!)
By pinondesert on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Wrangler Unlimited Sahara a couple of weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It is not a racer but that is not the point. Whether on the freeway or on muddy dirt roads covered with snow it feels stable and safe. There is plenty of room front and rear and the cargo space is huge. The hard top keeps things quiet and the infinity speaker system rocks. I have the 3.21 differential and have driven for fuel economy. So far mileage is running about 24.5 mpg in a mix of in-town, freeway and back road exploring at 6,000' to 8,000' altitude. Expect to shift a lot at freeway speeds in the mountains, everywhere else it keeps up with traffic. It's my first Jeep. I love it!

Favorite Features

Performance in slick and slippery conditions, comparative quiet and great speaker system. Surprising fuel economy with the manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More places to store stuff would be nice but the aftermarket has beau coup choices for outfitting the vehicle.