Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!
Favorite Features
Drives like a toy, manual transmission, soft top, I don't think they would legally let me drive this truck some terrain I have taken it thru,)) Looks and drives like a man's truck! Chicks dig this car, and other Wranglers will wave and welcome you to the "family". You re buying a lifestyle w/Wrangl.
Suggested Improvements
Well, gas efficiency could be better, but after all it is not so bad. Also, when you get a Jeep, don't complain about the road noise: it is not a Lexus or a Volvo! I would not change anything on this truck! If you decide to get one, go with Sahara (what I had), or Rubicon. Don't get the base model