2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Outstanding

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Unlimited X Convertible SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

By Jody on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I arrived at my local Jeep Dealer three days ago simply expecting to take a look, as I had done with both the Toyota (FJ) and Hummer (H3) dealers. To my surprise and delight there is now a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited parked in my driveway. The four doors, longer wheel base and wider stance are all real attention grabbers. I have been approached several times by people wanting to take a look and ask questions. The drive is comfortable visibility is great. I won't be winning any races down at the track but that was not the point of buying a Jeep. I am looking forward for some cross-country traveling next month and I will try and submit a report on how that goes as well.

One button fold down rear seats are a great feature, as is the huge cargo area. But the biggest selling point for me was the greatly reduced wind noise (even at highway speeds) over previous year models.

A couple extra HP never hurts. The rear seats are a bit too vertical, which, while adding a moderate amount of rear cargo area, makes them a bit uncomfortable for trips over an hour.