2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: My First Jeep

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

My First Jeep
By Robert Sanders on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife insisted that I buy this vehicle and it has definitely improved my image! It is well appointed with the Freedom Top and 18 inch wheels and is fun to drive. I added wheel locks, a spare tire cover and the heavy duty floor mats. Have had no drivability problems to date (6800 miles) and a only one recall involving a brake module. There are no water leaks with the top, however, when entering or exiting the vehicle in a rain, water will drip into the cabin. There is an air whistle which I can't seem to locate. The brake pads had to be serviced at 2000 miles due to "glazing." I have achieved up to 22 mpg with the auto which for a vehicle of this design seems reasonable. Happy so far.

Handling, turn radius, ease of 4 wheel drive, appearance. Adequate power.

Adjustable/removable rear headrests. Less plastic, either covered or more durable in interior. Better rear view side mirrors since visibility is limited with rear seat up. Front passenger seat modified to allow easier access to rear seat.