2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Loved it, but too many problem

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

Excellent 4WD. The pop-off tops were a great feature. Also, the seat materials were cool

Major improvements in quality control and reliability are needed. Rusting after 2 years is unacceptable. The other electronic and mechanical issues, after 30-40k miles are also unacceptable. Unfortunately, I could not recommend this vehicle based on reliability.