High Oil Consumption
By trixie8 on
2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.
Favorite Features
4x4 and fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
My issue is the large amount of oil used, 1 qt used per 2500 miles. This is what the dealership and jeep told me. NORMAL OIL CONSUMPTION: Below are industry standards for normal engine oil consumption: Mileage below 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 1,000 miles driven. Mileage above 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 750 miles driven. So, as long as a jeep with 50000 or more miles on it does not use more than a quart of oil every 750 miles they do not care, and they will not fix it. I was also told that why new Jeeps take 6 qt's since they use so much oil. I even have a warranty and they still will not fix it. There are no oil leaks and I have had 2 oil consumption test ran on the vehicle by the dealership. The dealership and Chrysler will not help fix the problem. I was told by the dealership that I am lucky it does not use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, since it may get low enough to burn the engine up in under 2500 miles.