2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: First year has major issues

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

First year has major issues
By b1pig on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am in love with the overall design of this vehicle. I considered myself lucky to find a Rubicon in dealer inventory so soon, and in my haste, I bought it. It is a very functional vehicle with lots of thought given to offroad enthusiasts. Within 2 days of purchase, I took it offroad and "broke it in" and I have been happy with it for the most part. While this Jeep rides very well with 32" tall mud tires and is pretty quiet, the power is seriously lacking. The hood lifts when rigs pass at highway speeds. The engine randomly stalls. I submitted my complaint to NHTSA. Hopefully they will pressure DCX to come up with a resolution and get us fixed.

4 doors, 5 seatbelts, removable top, selectable electronic lockers, electronic swaybar disco, really good sound system. The seats are just firm enough. The fog lights are phenomenal. The absolute most effective OEM lights ever.

Destroy the CAN-BUS computer system and get back to cable throttles! Fix the computer system! I'm spoiled by most other vehicles I have. Having some adjustment to tilt the bottom of the seat would be great on long road trips. Offroad protection for muffler / more compact muffler