Death Wobble Unacceptable!
By k7su on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited in Feb.2011 with 16,000 miles. About a week later the front end would go into a bad shimmy when I hit a little bump. It was out of warranty so I took it to a local 4x4 suspension shop. He knew all about the death wobble. We tried a heftier steering damper, new cam bolts, rotating and balancing tires...nothing fixed it. I read about it on the forums after it happened to me and saw the problems with the death wobble so I figured it was pointless for me to try to spend more money on it. I traded it for a Toyota 4Runner. Too bad Chrysler. That was my 7th Jeep product. No more for me!
Favorite Features
Looks, interior, fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the front end before someone gets hurt or killed!
By william79
on 03/06/12 15:05 PM (PST)

I have the same thing but I have a two drive , brought the life time warranty, Now Chrysler won't cover it or fix on have 71,000 on it .. when bought it at Hayes Chrysler, Dodge in Georgia, Don't go by their to buy Veh from them.. , asked about the coverage on the jeep. specialy the front end ,they said buy Lifetime Powertrain care that it would be cove under it .. , will that a lie and they won't cover it and it only been street driving . taking care of, I mad as hell I own a death trap that can be fix,Chrysler will not fix and I will never ever Buy another Car ,truck or car from them again...They full BS/ I can't let my wife drive it now ...Very unsafe ,Its find till you hit a small bump on the road...Them bastard in Chrysler Won't own up to it that they have a problem on that subject....Veh# 1J4GB39107L134368,Melissa Brake.. Chrysler Don't care...

By william79
on 03/06/12 15:19 PM (PST)

correction, the promblem Can't be fix , I took to their other shop and they can't figure it out.....with out replacing everything....that don't need replace----I don't get it --William& Melissa Brake