Beep beep!
By BBeep on
2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I leased the new 07 instead of buying used because I wanted the 3-piece Freedom Top. I have not been disappointed - it's SO easy and the panels fit in back with seat folded up! I keep the panels wrapped in blankets when not on, and I have never had a leak. Acceleration and power can be problematic on any SUVs, but this is just fine IF you know how to drive it. I have left a Camaro in the dust right off a stoplight. Handles beautifully in all weather. I've never had the stall complaints other people have. A few recalls (normal for a new model!) and dealer fixed everything. Read the EPA estimates BEFORE you buy a Jeep and complain about gas mileage, by the way.
Favorite Features
Freedom Top! Even the basic sound system rocks out, and everything inside held up great when I got DRENCHED in a storm. Better than my 01 Wrangler X- steering, suspension, etc. So many ways to personalize if you buy the basic model and get a JCW catalog! Ooh, and removable cup holder liners, good.
Suggested Improvements
Tight fit to get to backseat - I thought that would be changed when the wheelbase was lengthened. Backseat headrests impair rear view.