2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: A Jeep Owner and Lover

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

A Jeep Owner and Lover
By wfj on

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The first thing I did with this vehicle is install a fresh air intake, a cat back dual exhaust system and a jet chip. This vehicle needs to come stock with at least a 260hp engine in it. I have boosted this engine up to around 235hp but it still drags in sixth gear on an up hill run. Also only offering two rear end ratios is a crime. Mine has the 3.21 in it and that is to high and it still only gets about 19mpg. A mid range of around 3.51 would help. I have already decided to get my next one with the automatic transmission and the trailer towing package. A small diesel would also be nice, something with a good torque rating. All in all this is the best jeep I have ever driven or owned.

One of my favorite features is the "T" tops. I probably will not put a rag top on this one because of the "T" tops. I would like to see someone come out with a cloth insert that would fit easily into the "T" top opening.

More horsepower, a fold and tumble passenger seat so the nice rear seat is available to people over 10 years old. A cloth top that can be quickly inserted into the "T" top opening in case of rain.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review