Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Most Helpful|
My 3rd Jeep Wrangler, love this one
By Jeff

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Wrangler and my first 4 door. Excellent handling on the road but have already been stuck off road, something that never happened in my 2 door. But the family loves the extra room and comfort and it tows my boat much better. Love the easy to use top but have had some leaking in heavy rain. With top down the seatbelt vibrates loudly. Really miss my In line 6 engine as the 07 seems underpowered at times and reves high. Over all though this is a great vehicle with high marks in styling and curb appeal. With the top down on a sunny day it just can't be beat. Remember the Jeep Wave when you are out and about.

Favorite Features

Convertible top is easy to use. Style and curb appeal. Tows well. Comfortable cabin with lots of room and love the power windows and locks. Goes anywhere and you enjoy getting there in a Jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Engine power NEEDS an upgrade. Vibrating seatbelt. Seatbelt latch also is scratching the door panel when removed.

Finally a 4 Door
By Joe C

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I has always wanted a Jeep but owning a 2 door was not an option. When I saw the 4 Door as a concept in Autoweek I told my wife if they make it I will own it. Purchased a 4 Door Wrangler X 2 wheel Drive in 2007. Loved it every day until it was totaled on Jun 1st, 2010. I had 40,000 miles on the Jeep with no Issues. The only thing I wished was that I had purchased a 4 wheel Drive. Well, On June 15th 2010---I found a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 4 door 4x4 with only 13,800 miles on it and jumped on it. I love this Jeep. My son has a 1997 tj and although it is a completely different animal he love his as well. Thanks, joe

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive is amazing...can drive up a wall. I love the Mygig Nav/bluetooth/radio---great unit. I am a big guy and it is very comfortable. Easy and fun to customize.

Suggested Improvements

The wind noise that many people complain about is there with the soft top but hey it is a Jeep. Maybe they can improve the soft top header and improve this.

WILL ALWAYS HAVE @ LEAST ONE IN MY GARAGE!
By traveler55

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Was very hesitant to buy American, as I am a devout Toyota guy, but the new FJ Cruiser didn't offer everything I wanted(especially a soft top). Also neede more room inside, so the new unlimited fit the bill. Bought it used in 2010 w/27,000 mi. on it. Have only had to do normal maintenance so far on it. Brakes, oil, belt, fluids, etc. I am big on preventative maint. anyway, so hopefully I won't have too many issues that are unexpected. I also tow a tent camper with it, and it tows very well. Gearing is for off-road, so it shifts a little more than a pick-up, etc., but all-in-all, tows well. By the way this is an automatic, but wasn't a choice. .Wife can't drive stick. Oh well.

Favorite Features

The soft top is the [violative content deleted]! If anyone thinks that they don't work well in the winter, I can tell you they are wrong. You just have to be careful if you are getting more than a foot of heavy stuff, as that is a lot of weight for the top and frame. Off-road capability has impressed me for sure. For being so heavy, you wouldn't even know it when off the pavement. The new engine for 2007 has plenty of power. I know the die hards, including myself, love an inline six, but this engine easily does the job. The Jeep wave, and conversation when meeting other Jeep owners, I have to say, is cool too.

Suggested Improvements

More cubbies and holes to stash stuff in the front. Factory lock for the hood. Higher, deeper center console, and more water coverage for the radio and instrument panel on the dash. Factory water-proof seat covers. Other than that, I think Jeep gives you what you need to have fun.

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6. This thing is a slug off road and in town. Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home. Trail rated....ha. Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse. It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep. Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles. Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again. I wish someone else owned it... Search internet...comon problem.

Favorite Features

Looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine so it does not burn so much oil. Engine needs more pep for a 4x4. Improve cheap interior materials (dash and other areas) scratch easily. Fix rattles - mine sounds like there is a couple of thick peices of steal inside the body bouncing round when you cross rail road tracks. Way to many RECALLS...I had it at the dealer 12 times for recalls. If I had know all this...never would have purchase this unit... dealer has been no help at all with problems.

Too many problems
By dj9281

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep just hasn't made the decision to get on top of the complaints that have been around for decades. So, this is my fourth and last Wrangler. Unless you need a vehicle that can be towed behind a motorhome, check the FJ Cruiser. It appears superior in almost every way.

Favorite Features

Visual appeal, off-road capabilities, capable of being towed behind a motorhome.

Suggested Improvements

Poor handling, dismal power, choppy/noisy ride, "death wobble," rear wiper system (can't just replace wiper, must replace whole assembly), rear swingout door has no catch so constantly closes on you, doors have to be slammed to close, hardtop and doors difficult to remove, overpriced.