Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Blast
By GtrBt

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only regret should have got 4wd, haven't needed it but just want it. Love the 3 piece hard top also have soft top, great ride for a Jeep really any suv. Gas mileage is decent at 18-21 mpg. Its truly a lot of fun to drive and gives you so many more options, went from an avalanche and haven't missed it

Favorite Features

flexibility and fun

Suggested Improvements

bring out a pick up like the H3 SUVT and hood lock and release from under the dash

I hate this vehicle
By Jasmine

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's loud, blows all over the road, has bad gas mileage, it's uncomfortable (forget long drives), and let me ask: WHY would an engineering flaw that causes the ever- so-common "death wobble" be tolerated by consumers?! I cannot believe Chrysler hasn't been sued over this! This is a dangerous vehicle and I will never buy American again. It's also a pain to take the top off and put it back on.

Favorite Features

Probably safe if you get hit (or if you lose control because of the wobble) because it's so heavy.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the death wobble. Go back to the engineering table.

2 years and running
By Gunny

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Two years in and still a hoot --had minor problem with hardtop leak in torrential rain in second year --soft top never leaks -Hard top on OCT to APR, Been off road several times -very capable and bulletproof. Interior is so far so good and sound system is very good. Really good on road comfort given 4X4\ suspension -average about 18mpg --have seen 21 on highway and 14ish in total city driving (automatic). 3.8 has only OK power on road--- weirdly much better off road (been off road at altitude in the Rockies). Run full synthetic oil -no leaks. Vehicle has never been back to dealer so far. Better than the 91-99-06 Jeeps I am familiar with Still a jeep thing!!!

Favorite Features

Rugged Looks Topless ability Comfortable 4X4 Easy to clean interior

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power but what doesn't Should have got the stick

Only dreamed that I could own one!
By remmons

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I were looking for a newer vehicle to replace her 2006 Toyota Corolla. We needed something more practical for the environment that we live in. Being in Utah, where we have the mountains and the desert, along with the frigid, blowing snows of winter to the arid, hot summer days, we needed a vehicle that was capable of getting us around at any time of the year. The 2007 Wrangler four door unlimited was possibly the best choice for all of our needs. It gets better mileage than our Suburban, has more passenger and cargo room than the Corolla, and better highway capability than my old 1965 CJ5. Thus far, this is the better model of Jeep. I cannot imagine anything better than this.

Favorite Features

Off highway capability in two or four wheel drive, cargo room, trailer package, Sirius radio, oversize tires and wheels, no driver fatigue after hours of travel, modular top option, it does not go off track on overly worn pavement, ease of maintenance, and my favorite, the looks.

Suggested Improvements

A more potent V6. I would like to see a small displacement V8 in the future, or possibly a Hemi?

great 2nd car
By Mike Garry

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

use it to tow behind a Motorhome works great not a hiway vehicle. great for two people and a little gear. Wish it had more towing like the 4 door

Favorite Features

ease of driving

Suggested Improvements

bfetter access to rear seat