2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep Rocks!
By DPV on 10/24/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is an excellent offroad vehicle that transitions onto the road very nicely. If it is you and one other person the two door is perfect and has plenty of room for gear. Offroad capabilites are outstanding. The freedom top is great and have had no problems with any leakage since buying it and I remove the top all of the time and wash with a power washer. There is lots of power as long as you know how to drive a stick. Gas mileage is better than expected with 19.5 average city driving and I've gotten up to 23 mpg on the highway. 4-low is a beast! No hill is to steep, no trail to rough, and it is still as quiet as when I first bought it almost six months ago.

My first Jeep
By sonsofpar on 10/19/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Very comfortable to drive and on long trips. Nice styling and features, I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I have mixed city/highway driving and am averaging 20MPG- above estimates. Really nice stereo on my sahara unlimited version. Storage is good. I have a family of 5 with one in a child seat. We can all fit and have room in the back for our gear. On the negative- I have the hard tops and they leak, 4 trips to the dealership for the 'water doctor' and they can't get it straight- 28K is too much for a vehicle that drips water on you . Starter sticks and blinckers will sometimes not disengage. Only 5k and lots of squeeks and rattles. Brakes squeak loudly

Best Wrangler Ever
By jmontgomery123 on 10/19/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have 15,000 miles on my Unlimited Rubicon and I love it. It's fun, it pulls my boat, carries wife and kids, and protects us all with electronic stability controls. No complaints whatsoever.

Rubicon Unlimited
By jeff clifford on 09/30/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Horrible on fuel and surprising lack of power. Probably due to the large tire size and it aggressive nature. The door locks automatically lock when you put the vehicle in drive but only the drivers door unlocks automatically after being placed in park. This is extremely annoying with children and retrieving items from other doors. All things considered, we do love this vehicle and its a joy to drive on a nice summer day w/ the top down. We would certainly buy it all over again as in our case as a second vehicle.

A Jeep Owner and Lover
By wfj on 09/28/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The first thing I did with this vehicle is install a fresh air intake, a cat back dual exhaust system and a jet chip. This vehicle needs to come stock with at least a 260hp engine in it. I have boosted this engine up to around 235hp but it still drags in sixth gear on an up hill run. Also only offering two rear end ratios is a crime. Mine has the 3.21 in it and that is to high and it still only gets about 19mpg. A mid range of around 3.51 would help. I have already decided to get my next one with the automatic transmission and the trailer towing package. A small diesel would also be nice, something with a good torque rating. All in all this is the best jeep I have ever driven or owned.

Best Jeep Ever
By MikeP on 09/22/07 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The versatility of the Unlimited can't be beat. Better than expected MPG. The Freedom top is great for nice days (no leaks either). Can go anywhere and have fun doing it. Our 3rd Jeep - previously drove 2000 XJ and 2003 KJ. This one is the best yet. Looks great clean or covered in mud. It's a Jeep thing. f you don't understand, then oh well.

My new Jeep
By Jim on 09/21/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Jeep, we are really enjoying it. The only downfall I see right now is the soft top with half steel doors leak a bit in heavy rain as so does the rear compartment. We have 33" tires which were on it from the dealer and it's a little slugish on the highway maintaining 65 mph. In town is fine.

Too many problems with the new Jeeps
By alindsey12535 on 09/12/07 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I liked my Jeep when I first bought it. They look great, but are not very practical. The interior scratches up very easily. I couldn't get my soft top to fit, so I scheduled 2 different appointments and left it with them all day. To keep my interior from being ruined, I had the hard top put back on. Now the roof leaks any time you take it through a car wash or it rains hard. There isn't any touch up paint for the hard top if it's needed. It will scratch easily esp when taking it off the veh. In the heat, the sealant melts and drips a tar-like substance, which will stain the interior. My advice: Buy something a little more practical.

I love my JK
By Jeepin Dad on 08/31/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a '89 Wrangler to the '07 with the 6 speed, S-package, freedom top, tow package, rear locker, swaybar disconect, 17" wheel/tire package. The ride is great, the engine is responsive with the 6-speed and 4.10 gears. Gas mileage isn't great, I have been averaging about 18 mpg which is what the sticker said it would get. The seats are comfortable, the height adjustable drivers seat is a nice feature. I really like the removable hard top panels, it takes less time to remove and replace these than it did to put up and down my soft top. I have had it off-road and with the rear locker and swaybar diconnects it performed great. The disconnect really smoothed the ride out.

I'm trading it in after 6 months!
By No more Jeeps for me on 08/24/07 17:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle looks great, and I bought it 6 months ago, it has 7,000 miles on it. Good cornering and acceleration. The transmission was replaced. I drove it through a touchless car wash, and water came into the interior. Cannot get in and out of back seat with ease. Interior panels and paint scratch easily. A recall exists for many '07 Wranglers, per NHTSA. Mine was not included in the recall, therefore, I was never informed. But my vehicle stalled out for the same reason as the recall while I was driving 55MPH in the rain. Soft top windows scratch easily. Noisy and cumbersome driving. Well priced, but a huge disappointment overall for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.