2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Much Improved!
By Boulder on 03/06/08 16:38 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've really enjoyed this vehicle. Plenty of space, good fuel economy for an SUV, and one of the only SUVs available in a manual transmission. Four door convertible in the summer is certainly fun, and the hard tops have improved (ease of use/installation as well as reduced leaks, squeaks, etc.). Great in the snow and ice, and the longer wheelbase and new suspension make it comfortable (not luxurious) on long road trips. Underpowered (needs something larger than the 3.8) at elevation but with a manual you can certainly get by. No maintenance issues to date (~1 year and 12k miles). Overall, lots of fun.

Happy in Denver!
By 2 Door Sahara on 12/30/07 22:05 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 2 door silver Sahara since July and still love it! This is my second Wrangler. The ride has been improved greatly and does well in the snow when in four wheel. Love the freedom hardtop (no leaks). Power windows and locks are a nice change. This is my only vehicle and I love driving it (especially in the mountains)! Get lots of compliments!

Offroading
By James on 12/25/07 18:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my Rubicon through mud pits, up 50 degree slops, up rock banks after driving through rivers and almost nothing has stopped it. It's gas mileage is miserable compared to my old BMW. I get around 15 miles to the gallon, yet it's well worth the trade considering the hauling ability. Removing the back seat I was hauling 70 pumpkins in the back and putting my friends F-250 to shame. The reliability is amazing as well, and it is extremely easy to change the oil and do minor work. I love putting all the Hummer owners to shame when they realize they spent 15,000 more on a vehicle nowhere near as good as my Rubicon.

10K Mile Report
By Bob on 12/05/07 07:20 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent performance on/off road. Problems: 1.) No where to mount CB radio for off- road communications. This is major design flaw. 2.) On dry paved city streets, ESP and Sway Bar will activate for no apparent reason. May or may not deactivate even when motor is restarted. Occurs frequently in hot AZ weather. 3.) Annoying squeal from left front wheel. Dealer can't identify. Most noticeable at low speeds (10 mph and less). Other than 3 items noted, vehicle is fantastic. Solid performer on the trail and comfortable for long road trips with family. Would buy another one in an instant.

BEWARE! LEMON. No Help From Chrysler!
By newchryslerhater on 11/30/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

To make a long story short...this vehicle has been a nightmare. Drove it off the lot with 3 miles on it and had immediate problems. Have taken it to 4 different Chrysler/Jeep dealers and only a few problems have been fixed on it...mainly TSB's & recalls. Chrysler will not help and the dealerships have outright refused to fix my car. Needless to say, this is illegal. The list of problems now consists of 35 line entries...bad clutch, rough shifting, broken seatbelts, pourous soft top, leaking hard top, high-pitched shrieking sounds, dead horn, fluctuating stereo volume, and the list goes on & on. Although a very cool vehicle, customer service & mechanical assistance is unacceptable!

Overall Satisfaction
By Rodney on 11/18/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I'm coming out of a Land Rover and with gas prices the way they are this is welcomed relief. Having a 4-door convertible, SUV is amazing. I love it and plan on keeping it. A friend of mind just ordered his because he got tired of just riding in mine. Seriously! My wife jokes with me that everytime I stop at a gas station, to get my salesman hat on so I can answer all the questions I get while getting gas. I get looks from the Ford Focus driver all the way up to the Audi Q7 drivers. Seriously, amazing

At home on the road and rocks
By mike on 11/15/07 19:08 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Wrangler rides great. Traded a 2003 Rubicon in on it. What a differance in ride. Jeep keeps doing better and better. Just keep the solid axles. i.f.s. would ruin the Wrangler

Nice and fun, but...
By bigo on 11/10/07 20:16 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Keep in mind, I’m single and this is my only vehicle. Got my Jeep back in July. Almost 6500 miles on it. Fun ride that definitely turns heads. I do get the mini Hummer comment a lot. Hard top takes two people to get it off (back portion.) I continue to have problems with a leak anytime it rains. Drips right down on the dashboard and then onto the radio. Supposedly been fixed by dealership but by the sound of everyone else, there is no fix. When starting it seems to stick sometimes. Recently got a recall about my brakes. This Jeep will suck gas. I get about 16 mpg. On the interstate I get around 19-20. No power! Love driving it in the summer and look forward to next year already.

So much fun
By brentg on 11/08/07 20:16 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is just too much fun. Everything is better than I expected. Longer wheelbase gives it a smoother ride than I expected, the interior is quieter than I expected, and the millage is even slightly better than I expected. The power is what I expected. In low range it will climb anything, and it will easily tow a Toyota FJ out of the mud that you just crossed. On the street, however, you are going to get beat across the light by a Chevette. This thing has been everywhere, up mountain trails, in mud up to the frame, over rocks and boulders, and even stuck in downtown traffic, and it has never disappointed us. Had a great summer, now I can’t wait to get it into the snow.

don't buy it
By Starla on 11/04/07 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Absolutely hate this vehicle. It has only 14000 km on it and already has two recalls, one for sudden egine failure which lasts about 5 seconds then starts back up, the second with the electronic brake control causing a delay in braking, which I did not even receive a recall notice for but found out from my dealership when I phoned about a third proble. Sudden acceleration up to 125 km for unknown reason. i have returned it to the dealer and am waiting to see what they are going to do. This is not a safe vehicle to drive!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.