Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!

Favorite Features

Drives like a toy, manual transmission, soft top, I don't think they would legally let me drive this truck some terrain I have taken it thru,)) Looks and drives like a man's truck! Chicks dig this car, and other Wranglers will wave and welcome you to the "family". You re buying a lifestyle w/Wrangl.

Suggested Improvements

Well, gas efficiency could be better, but after all it is not so bad. Also, when you get a Jeep, don't complain about the road noise: it is not a Lexus or a Volvo! I would not change anything on this truck! If you decide to get one, go with Sahara (what I had), or Rubicon. Don't get the base model

Great, but leaky
By Starseed

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Wrangler for about 2.5 years now and I have to say I love it. The only real complaint I have is about the tops. I have both soft and hard tops and they are put together very badly. I've brought it into the shop for top at least 8 times now. 5 of those are for water leaks. They have not real way of stopping them, just a short term "oh the weather stripping is crushed" blah blah blah. I will never buy a new model year again.

Favorite Features

4wd is awesome. Definitely can go many different places.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the tops

Awesome Vehicle !
By Gymshark

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler first was a 1995..sold it and now bought a 2007 with only 12,000 miles. The Wrangler is my weekend fun machine. The ride is comfy and stereo is awesome. The top is way easy to drop and put up. I upgraded the wheels and tires, not the suspension because it doesn't need it in my opinion. I don't extreme off road. The new design is by far the best because it's still looks the same just bigger and better than previous years.

Favorite Features

Stereo with Aux. input, lockable center console, awesome interior design and the always rad detachable doors and rear seat. Seats are very comfortable and it's actually pretty quiet for a wrangler. Amazing all around and through out.

Suggested Improvements

A working U connect...guess it's not available in the wrangler models as of yet. It's hard to get into the back seat of the 2 door models. a catapult seat would be awesome like the 95 i had. other than that....it's near perfect.

Don't do it!
By Chest

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the worse purchase I've made in a vehicle. It's been in the shop 3 times! It left me on the side of the road one too many times. The engine light has come on twice already. The engine needed a lot of work. Hey, guess what? The engine light is on again! This time it is for the cat converter efficiency. How the heck does a cat converter go bad in two years! The dealer will fix at no charge, but I am waiting for the next time the "check engine" light comes on. Maybe a couple weeks? I hate this vehicle. I will never again buy American!

Favorite Features

Radio works good.

Suggested Improvements

Spend the time to do the engineering the right way. Build a reliable vehicle.

A blast to drive!
By Cody

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep! This is the first one I have owned, but when I was little mom had one. It deff takes me back 20 years and I love it as much now as I did then! Door off, top down is the best! Not a lot of power in this little Jeep but I didn't buy it for that. Handling is really good and ride quality is surprisingly great!

Favorite Features

The ride quality and open air! Those are my 2 fave parts. Plus with fuel mileage around 18-19, I can't complain.

Suggested Improvements

Power. The 202hp engine feels more like 02hp. Could use about 50 more ponies under the hood.