2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My First Jeep
By Robert Sanders on 04/20/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife insisted that I buy this vehicle and it has definitely improved my image! It is well appointed with the Freedom Top and 18 inch wheels and is fun to drive. I added wheel locks, a spare tire cover and the heavy duty floor mats. Have had no drivability problems to date (6800 miles) and a only one recall involving a brake module. There are no water leaks with the top, however, when entering or exiting the vehicle in a rain, water will drip into the cabin. There is an air whistle which I can't seem to locate. The brake pads had to be serviced at 2000 miles due to "glazing." I have achieved up to 22 mpg with the auto which for a vehicle of this design seems reasonable. Happy so far.

Beep beep!
By BBeep on 04/11/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased the new 07 instead of buying used because I wanted the 3-piece Freedom Top. I have not been disappointed - it's SO easy and the panels fit in back with seat folded up! I keep the panels wrapped in blankets when not on, and I have never had a leak. Acceleration and power can be problematic on any SUVs, but this is just fine IF you know how to drive it. I have left a Camaro in the dust right off a stoplight. Handles beautifully in all weather. I've never had the stall complaints other people have. A few recalls (normal for a new model!) and dealer fixed everything. Read the EPA estimates BEFORE you buy a Jeep and complain about gas mileage, by the way.

Mine rusts too - before 4K miles
By Jarhead on 04/09/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Really, really like the Jeep idea - the wife hates it, however. This is my 3rd (I think). The 4dr is surprisingly comfortable (vs. earlier Jeeps). Similar to other posts, I have had annoying RUST on various (hopefully) insignificant parts of the Jeep. I feel just like I bought a 1970 something CJ. Worse - the dealers want to "take photos" for evaluation at HQ. Wimps. I also had the clutch replaced earlier this year (4K miles). Yikes. The only thing that is worse is that I'm honestly thinking of selling my silver 07 (with 5K miles) and buying a black 08. Why? So the rust does not show as fast! I'll probably always have a Jeep - no matter how poorly they are made! Sick, isn't it?

Shake, Rattle & Roll
By Rick Williams on 04/05/08 05:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The Brake Pads were shot @ 2000 Miles. I had to pay for a new set out of my own pocket. The cheapest brake pads I have ever seen. At 40 mph the front end will shake you out of the drivers seat. This folks is a brand new jeep. I can't seem to get any dealer to fix the shimmy. So I am selling it never to buy another jeep.

Tons of problems!!!!
By DD on 04/03/08 17:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have been waiting for a 4 dr jeep and I was so excited when it came out. I am sad to say that I have had the jeep in the shop for major repairs 10 times in past year. Cracked top, Steering block broke, Brakes bad, Skim key failed, Wireless key module failed, broken latch, Stalling while driving at any speed, now it wont randomly start while in park. I have to put it in Neutral for it to start sometimes. Dealer cant figure out whats wrong.I keep sending back to the shop. Very inconvenient and frustrating.

Jeep Can't Do It
By sacopaddler on 03/27/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a danger to the driver, passenger, and anyone else on the road that is near it. My Jeep has stalled repeatedly, even after the "Recall Notice" and was repaired. Can't drive with kids in the car and really shouldn't drive with me in the car. Have to fight Chrysler for it to be returned. Really too bad!!!! I have always wanted a Jeep. :-( A very big let down.

Love my Jeep
By Laura on 03/27/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 2 other jeeps ( a 78 cj5 and a 94 cj) my husband has owned 3 jeeps (a 89 cj and a 99 cj and a 02 liberty)) we have both Loved our old jeeps but with the single life gone they weren't practical any longer... Until Now! we have only had our 07 for a couple of weeks but we love it and fight over who's turn it is to take to work. we can fit the babe, the car seat and the groceries with room to spare, still look great... and have fun driving again! The sound system rocks and the drive great. A+ in my book

Rent one before you buy one
By SciFiChick on 03/19/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say, had I rented it for a week, I would not have bought it. In the heat it smells like cheap marine plastic melting in the sun. If you use the highway, you're safer in someone else's car, this one stalls. The middle of the back seat has NO SUPPORT so it sinks in. The plastic scratches very easily. I cannot wait to get rid of my Jeep.

Jeep
By still going on 03/18/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

You have to remember you didn't buy a Cadillac so it is still a rough ride but a huge difference if you had a jeep with soft top so the difference is now you can hear your stereo & you don't have to yell to speak to your passengers while driving. Very disappointed with the U-connect, we were told it was available and now we are told it cannot be installed because of our windshield what a sales pitch they gave us and then to inform us after a few months that we cannot get u-connect.

Four Door Jeep Wrangler
By Dr. Kris Johnson on 03/13/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is much sturdier than the two door Wrangler. The larger wheels and stable frame makes this car an excellent and safer drive. I've purchased a couple of 2007 four door Wranglers and they have not tipped over or "flipped" over. I love this car and the bigger the body and wheels, the safer the Jeep is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.