Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Loyal Jeep owner for 22 years.
By chris

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 jeeps and this one may be my last. Terrible engine. The 4.0 L is a more responsive, more powerful and yes stronger engine than the 3.8 L. I don't care what the numbers say. A stock 4.0 Jeep with 33" tires, lights, brush guard and only a k&n filter, absolutely walks away from the new 3.8l on road and off. Did mention the 4.0l has 140,000 miles on it? Jeep really blew this one. Buy the way the 4.0l Jeep is mine also, so it is a good comparison.

looks and suspension

Engine. Engine. Engine. And when you get that right, transmission!

Finally a 4 Door
By Joe C

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I has always wanted a Jeep but owning a 2 door was not an option. When I saw the 4 Door as a concept in Autoweek I told my wife if they make it I will own it. Purchased a 4 Door Wrangler X 2 wheel Drive in 2007. Loved it every day until it was totaled on Jun 1st, 2010. I had 40,000 miles on the Jeep with no Issues. The only thing I wished was that I had purchased a 4 wheel Drive. Well, On June 15th 2010---I found a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 4 door 4x4 with only 13,800 miles on it and jumped on it. I love this Jeep. My son has a 1997 tj and although it is a completely different animal he love his as well. Thanks, joe

The 4 wheel drive is amazing...can drive up a wall. I love the Mygig Nav/bluetooth/radio---great unit. I am a big guy and it is very comfortable. Easy and fun to customize.

The wind noise that many people complain about is there with the soft top but hey it is a Jeep. Maybe they can improve the soft top header and improve this.

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.

3rd and counting
By TT

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler, '97 & '05 unlimited, before this one. I have had NO problems with this or any of the others. I see a lot of people talking about a 'death wobble' I have never in the 2 before or in this one had anything like that and I have taken many road trips that were well over 500 miles one way in my Jeeps.

Everything, fun to see what is new in the after market field, plenty of great add-ons. This a great vehicle for someone looking for a fun ride that can be easily (not cheaply) customized.

Better storage options. Bring back the '04-'06 unlimited version!

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

Excellent 4WD. The pop-off tops were a great feature. Also, the seat materials were cool

Major improvements in quality control and reliability are needed. Rusting after 2 years is unacceptable. The other electronic and mechanical issues, after 30-40k miles are also unacceptable. Unfortunately, I could not recommend this vehicle based on reliability.