2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: 4 Door Jeep X with Soft top

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

4 Door Jeep X with Soft top
By DadWithAJeep on

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My first Jeep was a 95 Wrangler, and I had to sell because I had a baby on the way. Now that he is 3 years old, and Jeep has a 4 door wrangler I had to get one. After several test drives, and permission from my wife (she is critical of vehicles too), I was able to find one with all of the features I wanted. This vehicle handles great (100% improvement from my other Jeeps), it sits well in corners, and has plenty of leg room. I am 6'5, and have no issues with room. The design of the vehicle is superb and meets all of my concerns. I am still waiting on impact tests to see how well the vehicle rates. Until then, my son sits in the middle of the back seat just in case of a side impact.

Interior is excellent and comfortable. Power windows are controlled in the center of the dash. Very little noise with the top on. Handles much better than expected. Overall exterior design is beautiful. I feel safe with my son riding with me.

A bit sluggish off of the line, but good pickup once the vehicle is moving. I have every available option, except for the 'subwoofer'. Stereo sound is crisp and clear, but lacks any bass. The alarm should have a shock sensor as it will not go off if someone removes the back windows and climbs in.