2007 Rubicon, Loads of Fun
By Bighaeb on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
I'm on my 4th Wrangler, and so far, I'm not overly impressed with the reliability of my Wrangler or the build quality. It has spent 2 solid weeks in the shop since march, and will be going in again this week for more horrible noises coming from the engine compartment. Besides that, the offroad abilities far surpass my previous Wranglers, even past Rubicons. On road, the 07 has much better road manners, though it's still going to be a bit squirrly from the short wheelbase. Engine power is lacking a bit. Could use about 20 more horses or so. Transmission is smooth (I have the 6 speed). I live in Denver, and maybe that is why it seems sluggish. Compared to the 4 litre, it's a bit weak.
Favorite Features
Redesigned in and out, nicer audio system, I dig the new BFG mud terrains instead of the Goodyears. Electric Sway bar disconnects are very convienent, and of course, off road capabilities that cannot be surpassed by any other vehicle!
Suggested Improvements
Less plastic would have been nice, but that can be fixed by purchasing off road bumpers. More HP/TQ would be great (V8 or diesel) and more low end torque. If you're into the Wranglers, and you're going to go offroad, get the Rubicon, you won't regret it. Hope they get the bugs worked out soon