2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
3rd Wrangler
By Dzurinko on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. My first 2 wranglers had the 4.0 in them. I think the 3.8 has a little more pep and the MPG seem a little better than my other jeeps(17 vs 19-21). The 4.0 seemed better on the low rpm end. Also, I can't hear the 3.8L so it's not as easy to shift smoothly. Not sure why they went from the bulletproof 4.0 to a motor that performs marginally better, if at all... My only other complaint is why not put some BF Goodie All Terrains on out of the factory. The Goodyears are pitiful. They have worked so hard to put out a rugged vehicle, but then put street tires on it. It won't be our last Jeep Wrangler. Lots of reviews on here from multiple wrangler owners. :)

Great vehicle
By Aremee on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this new with hesitation in 2007 my wife had to have it. I love this vehicle! Fun to drive very good build quality. I have had 45k miles of trouble free driving.

Cure for the "it's a jeep thing"
By itsajeepthingsucks on 07/26/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought new. Problems from day 1. Had to register complaints with ntsb. Car would shut off driving down the road. Did this at freeway speeds. Cracked header; Chrysler said it must have gotten wet while hot-this is trail rated? Rear brakes go out every 12k miles. 4wd transfer cable broke. Motor is underpowered, struggles at highway speeds forget about passing. Avg 14-17 mpg. Rust spots. Automatic transmission shifts randomly. The body sheet metal is extremely thin. Interior panels scratches easy. Rear seats sit straight up. Headrest extremely hard. 4th and last Jeep (3rd wrangler), done with the 'its a Jeep thing'. If you just have to get a Jeep: buy a cj-and a daily driver with the extra money

Loyal Jeep owner for 22 years.
By chris on 07/22/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 jeeps and this one may be my last. Terrible engine. The 4.0 L is a more responsive, more powerful and yes stronger engine than the 3.8 L. I don't care what the numbers say. A stock 4.0 Jeep with 33" tires, lights, brush guard and only a k&n filter, absolutely walks away from the new 3.8l on road and off. Did mention the 4.0l has 140,000 miles on it? Jeep really blew this one. Buy the way the 4.0l Jeep is mine also, so it is a good comparison.

Finally a 4 Door
By Joe C on 07/13/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I has always wanted a Jeep but owning a 2 door was not an option. When I saw the 4 Door as a concept in Autoweek I told my wife if they make it I will own it. Purchased a 4 Door Wrangler X 2 wheel Drive in 2007. Loved it every day until it was totaled on Jun 1st, 2010. I had 40,000 miles on the Jeep with no Issues. The only thing I wished was that I had purchased a 4 wheel Drive. Well, On June 15th 2010---I found a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 4 door 4x4 with only 13,800 miles on it and jumped on it. I love this Jeep. My son has a 1997 tj and although it is a completely different animal he love his as well. Thanks, joe

New to Jeeps
By BushMan on 05/15/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

3rd and counting
By TT on 04/30/10 03:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler, '97 & '05 unlimited, before this one. I have had NO problems with this or any of the others. I see a lot of people talking about a 'death wobble' I have never in the 2 before or in this one had anything like that and I have taken many road trips that were well over 500 miles one way in my Jeeps.

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper on 03/31/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

No more Jeeps for me
By Jack on 02/10/10 19:41 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had bought the 4 dr automatic Sahara, JK with the hard/soft combo top in 2007. Loved it at first; but when the transmission started slipping driving through town at 45mph; not once, but twice. No dash or computer error, and the dealer couldn't find a cause/problem. Traded it for a 2007 GMC 2500HD. Nuff said. I got 24 mph on the hwy, but I had made some changes to get that mileage.

simple and fun
By ron on 01/31/10 05:10 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep used about a month ago and I would have to say that it has been fun to drive around; everywhere i go other people with jeeps are always waving at me. That being said there are a couple things that they could change. The shifter needs to be 3"-4" longer and i have the half doors with zip up windows and it stinks when you are on the tollway and have to pay a toll. they should have an option of upper sliding windows from the factory. You can't even find them in the aftermarket. The paint isn't that great, already starting to show some rust on the exposed bolts and door hinges; but thats to be expected.It also needs better speakers. All in all it is what it is; its a Jeep.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.