Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Top still leaking
By dave456

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Its a jeep.

Get rid of the freedom top and go back to a good quality top.

2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new.
It came with a soft top.
After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems.
Overall, I've been very pleased.
It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value.
My few issues are summarized below:
1.) The highway noise is extreme.
To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me.
It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often.
2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door.
I took it in and the dealer fixed it.
They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it.
3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil.
No smoke, no leak.

I just disappears. I've read on sites that this is "common". The dealer is going to change the piston rings this week and hopefully that will help/fix the issue.

High Oil Consumption
By trixie8

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.

4x4 and fun to drive.

My issue is the large amount of oil used, 1 qt used per 2500 miles. This is what the dealership and jeep told me. NORMAL OIL CONSUMPTION: Below are industry standards for normal engine oil consumption: Mileage below 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 1,000 miles driven. Mileage above 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 750 miles driven. So, as long as a jeep with 50000 or more miles on it does not use more than a quart of oil every 750 miles they do not care, and they will not fix it. I was also told that why new Jeeps take 6 qt's since they use so much oil. I even have a warranty and they still will not fix it. There are no oil leaks and I have had 2 oil consumption test ran on the vehicle by the dealership. The dealership and Chrysler will not help fix the problem. I was told by the dealership that I am lucky it does not use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, since it may get low enough to burn the engine up in under 2500 miles.

WILL ALWAYS HAVE @ LEAST ONE IN MY GARAGE!
By traveler55

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Was very hesitant to buy American, as I am a devout Toyota guy, but the new FJ Cruiser didn't offer everything I wanted(especially a soft top).
Also neede more room inside, so the new unlimited fit the bill.
Bought it used in 2010 w/27,000 mi. on it.
Have only had to do normal maintenance so far on it.
Brakes, oil, belt, fluids, etc.
I am big on preventative maint. anyway, so hopefully I won't have too many issues that are unexpected.
I also tow a tent camper with it, and it tows very well.
Gearing is for off-road, so it shifts a little more than a pick-up, etc., but all-in-all, tows well.
By the way this is an automatic, but wasn't a choice. .Wife can't drive stick.
Oh well.

The soft top is the [violative content deleted]! If anyone thinks that they don't work well in the winter, I can tell you they are wrong. You just have to be careful if you are getting more than a foot of heavy stuff, as that is a lot of weight for the top and frame. Off-road capability has impressed me for sure. For being so heavy, you wouldn't even know it when off the pavement. The new engine for 2007 has plenty of power. I know the die hards, including myself, love an inline six, but this engine easily does the job. The Jeep wave, and conversation when meeting other Jeep owners, I have to say, is cool too.

More cubbies and holes to stash stuff in the front. Factory lock for the hood. Higher, deeper center console, and more water coverage for the radio and instrument panel on the dash. Factory water-proof seat covers. Other than that, I think Jeep gives you what you need to have fun.

Death Wobble Unacceptable!
By k7su

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited in Feb.2011 with 16,000 miles.
About a week later the front end would go into a bad shimmy when I hit a little bump.
It was out of warranty so I took it to a local 4x4 suspension shop.
He knew all about the death wobble.
We tried a heftier steering damper, new cam bolts, rotating and balancing tires...nothing fixed it.
I read about it on the forums after it happened to me and saw the problems with the death wobble so I figured it was pointless for me to try to spend more money on it.
I traded it for a Toyota 4Runner.
Too bad Chrysler.
That was my 7th Jeep product.
No more for me!

Looks, interior, fun to drive.

Fix the front end before someone gets hurt or killed!