2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2007 Wrangler Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
3rd Wrangler
By Dzurinko

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. My first 2 wranglers had the 4.0 in them. I think the 3.8 has a little more pep and the MPG seem a little better than my other jeeps(17 vs 19-21). The 4.0 seemed better on the low rpm end. Also, I can't hear the 3.8L so it's not as easy to shift smoothly. Not sure why they went from the bulletproof 4.0 to a motor that performs marginally better, if at all... My only other complaint is why not put some BF Goodie All Terrains on out of the factory. The Goodyears are pitiful. They have worked so hard to put out a rugged vehicle, but then put street tires on it. It won't be our last Jeep Wrangler. Lots of reviews on here from multiple wrangler owners. :)

Favorite Features

Seem a little larger than the older ones.

Suggested Improvements

Larger motor or go back to 4.0. Should come from the factory with decent All Terrain tires.

Great vehicle
By Aremee

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this new with hesitation in 2007 my wife had to have it. I love this vehicle! Fun to drive very good build quality. I have had 45k miles of trouble free driving.

Favorite Features

Convertible top. Doors off. Lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear door needs a stop to keep it open. Find a way to make roof more water proof.

Cure for the "it's a jeep thing"
By itsajeepthingsucks

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought new. Problems from day 1. Had to register complaints with ntsb. Car would shut off driving down the road. Did this at freeway speeds. Cracked header; Chrysler said it must have gotten wet while hot-this is trail rated? Rear brakes go out every 12k miles. 4wd transfer cable broke. Motor is underpowered, struggles at highway speeds forget about passing. Avg 14-17 mpg. Rust spots. Automatic transmission shifts randomly. The body sheet metal is extremely thin. Interior panels scratches easy. Rear seats sit straight up. Headrest extremely hard. 4th and last Jeep (3rd wrangler), done with the 'its a Jeep thing'. If you just have to get a Jeep: buy a cj-and a daily driver with the extra money

Favorite Features

The two most memorable moments with this Jeep are the day I bought it and the day I sold it. They do hold their value as people fall in love with their looks. Straight axles, DANA front & rear.

Suggested Improvements

Get away from the drive by wire. Remove all electronics you can- most of the Jeeps problems stem from electronics. Use a different motor, HEMI or diesel? Thicker sheet metal.

Loyal Jeep owner for 22 years.
By chris

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 jeeps and this one may be my last. Terrible engine. The 4.0 L is a more responsive, more powerful and yes stronger engine than the 3.8 L. I don't care what the numbers say. A stock 4.0 Jeep with 33" tires, lights, brush guard and only a k&n filter, absolutely walks away from the new 3.8l on road and off. Did mention the 4.0l has 140,000 miles on it? Jeep really blew this one. Buy the way the 4.0l Jeep is mine also, so it is a good comparison.

Favorite Features

looks and suspension

Suggested Improvements

Engine. Engine. Engine. And when you get that right, transmission!

Finally a 4 Door
By Joe C

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I has always wanted a Jeep but owning a 2 door was not an option. When I saw the 4 Door as a concept in Autoweek I told my wife if they make it I will own it. Purchased a 4 Door Wrangler X 2 wheel Drive in 2007. Loved it every day until it was totaled on Jun 1st, 2010. I had 40,000 miles on the Jeep with no Issues. The only thing I wished was that I had purchased a 4 wheel Drive. Well, On June 15th 2010---I found a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 4 door 4x4 with only 13,800 miles on it and jumped on it. I love this Jeep. My son has a 1997 tj and although it is a completely different animal he love his as well. Thanks, joe

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive is amazing...can drive up a wall. I love the Mygig Nav/bluetooth/radio---great unit. I am a big guy and it is very comfortable. Easy and fun to customize.

Suggested Improvements

The wind noise that many people complain about is there with the soft top but hey it is a Jeep. Maybe they can improve the soft top header and improve this.

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.

3rd and counting
By TT

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler, '97 & '05 unlimited, before this one. I have had NO problems with this or any of the others. I see a lot of people talking about a 'death wobble' I have never in the 2 before or in this one had anything like that and I have taken many road trips that were well over 500 miles one way in my Jeeps.

Favorite Features

Everything, fun to see what is new in the after market field, plenty of great add-ons. This a great vehicle for someone looking for a fun ride that can be easily (not cheaply) customized.

Suggested Improvements

Better storage options. Bring back the '04-'06 unlimited version!

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

Favorite Features

Excellent 4WD. The pop-off tops were a great feature. Also, the seat materials were cool

Suggested Improvements

Major improvements in quality control and reliability are needed. Rusting after 2 years is unacceptable. The other electronic and mechanical issues, after 30-40k miles are also unacceptable. Unfortunately, I could not recommend this vehicle based on reliability.

No more Jeeps for me
By Jack

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had bought the 4 dr automatic Sahara, JK with the hard/soft combo top in 2007. Loved it at first; but when the transmission started slipping driving through town at 45mph; not once, but twice. No dash or computer error, and the dealer couldn't find a cause/problem. Traded it for a 2007 GMC 2500HD. Nuff said. I got 24 mph on the hwy, but I had made some changes to get that mileage.

Favorite Features

Hard/Soft top.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the da... transmissions, and completely paint the roll bar.

simple and fun
By ron

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep used about a month ago and I would have to say that it has been fun to drive around; everywhere i go other people with jeeps are always waving at me. That being said there are a couple things that they could change. The shifter needs to be 3"-4" longer and i have the half doors with zip up windows and it stinks when you are on the tollway and have to pay a toll. they should have an option of upper sliding windows from the factory. You can't even find them in the aftermarket. The paint isn't that great, already starting to show some rust on the exposed bolts and door hinges; but thats to be expected.It also needs better speakers. All in all it is what it is; its a Jeep.

Favorite Features

fun to drive,looks cool,top comes down, good in the snow, wife can't drive it(manual).

Suggested Improvements

better paint,longer shifter,optional sliding half door uppers, better speakers(you can't turn it up without it sounding like the speakers are blown