2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Way Too Cool
By Jay O'Keefe on 10/27/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Wrangler. Wasn't practical for the my budget or family until now. Jeep has outdone themselves this time. I don't know if I'll ever buy another car. Great design, very comfortable, has power windows and locks, outstanding sound system and lots of room. I suggest the combo top (hard for winter months here in the northeast and soft for April-October). This car is so much fun already and let me tell you.... it turns heads everywhere! Too cool.

First Wrangler
By Ef on 10/21/06 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My dad was hesitant to let me get one, until there was a 4-door version. Once it was driven off the semi, the dealer had it for 6 hours, before I drove it away. I have put 1200 miles on it in the last month. The only thing I want to do is to add all of the fun aftermarket accessories, like air horns, my CB, and some fun spotlights. I got an almost fully-loaded X model, with a soft top, and 6 disc DVD player. I have already removed the doors (all 4), and gone on the highway. I've had three of my friends in the back, and they were comfortable. With mostly city driving so far, I am getting 16 mpg. The only other thing is that I wished the half doors were available when I bought mine.

2007 Wranger Unlimited X 4dr
By clwnsc on 10/18/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife & I just picked up our Wrangler yesterday (10/17/2006). We have always wanted a Jeep, but also needed a vehicle with some more room to it. So, when we saw the 4 door, we had to have it. So far, we love it. Ours is 2wd with the upgraded stereo & power group. Nothing but positive feedback from other people. It seems like there is not much take off power. Also, the center armrest/console is a little low, so there isn't anywhere to rest the arm while driving. Have been getting 16mpg so far. Overall, a great Wrangler.

My New Jeep
By tony on 10/17/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It is bigger and more comfortable on the road. Compared to my 04 Xterra this rides a little better. It actually takes the bumps instead of being pounded. The 7 speaker stereo is great and I love the hardtop and all the ways it can be configured. It still looks like a Jeep that has leaped into the future. Compared to the X I had this is a power monster. It is just me and my wife so I can take out the backseat and put a lot of gear in here for a little trip. I have not had mine off road yet either but I do not think that is going to be an issue with this Jeep. This is a great Jeep and the boys at Jeep ought to be proud of this one. The 4 door one is pretty bling to.

A Homerun
By CTJeep on 10/17/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The new Jeep Unlimited is a hit. I bought the Commander last year and lamented the only short coming was that roof doesn't come off. I got the first one in town and have been enthralled since day 1. It's a Jeep for the family. Myself and wife and kids all fit comfortably (and securely) and we have room for all our stuff in the back. Can't wait for the warm weather to return to truly enjoy it. (i.e. get the soft top back on).

Who Needs a Hummer
By JohnnyG on 10/15/06 19:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well I have only had my new 4 door for 2 days (traded in my 05 TJ) but I will tell you, it is truly awesome. The ride is super smooth, and quiet (I even have the soft top. The new sound system is sweet. The interior is unlike any jeep. The only thing I will agree with Edmunds is, it is a little sluggish, but let the aftermarket games begin. I think this is a great innovation for Jeep.

Too Much Fun
By paffe3 on 10/10/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say, I LOVE IT!! I use to own a little convertible and an SUV - now I have the perfect convertaSUV all in one. When you hit a good bump in the road it reminds you it's a Jeep, but on the highway it's a nice ride. If you love a Jeep but wish it had a little more comfort, the wait is over. Got for a test drive, you'll be surprised. Enjoy.

4 Door Jeep X with Soft top
By DadWithAJeep on 10/06/06 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My first Jeep was a 95 Wrangler, and I had to sell because I had a baby on the way. Now that he is 3 years old, and Jeep has a 4 door wrangler I had to get one. After several test drives, and permission from my wife (she is critical of vehicles too), I was able to find one with all of the features I wanted. This vehicle handles great (100% improvement from my other Jeeps), it sits well in corners, and has plenty of leg room. I am 6'5, and have no issues with room. The design of the vehicle is superb and meets all of my concerns. I am still waiting on impact tests to see how well the vehicle rates. Until then, my son sits in the middle of the back seat just in case of a side impact.

2007 Wrangler Unlimited X
By jeepranger on 09/24/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Overall a great Jeep so far. Seating for five, power windows, and door locks, but it still has the classic Jeep feel. The on road ride is much smoother due to the stiffer frame. The new 3.8 liter is much quieter and has more torque overall, but it seems like less is available at idle. I have not taken it offroad yet, so more to follow.

The Jeep for a Family of 5
By Skylandry on 09/19/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just got the new jeep (9/14) in the 4 door, 4wd X model (loaded). This is my first Jeep only because I needed seating for 5 comfortably. Fun to drive and everyone wants to know what it is. Seats are super comfortable, stereo great, acceleration acceptable and removable top awesome! I drove it 340 miles on Saturday and had no sore backside. I am getting a little over 19 mpg. Everything feels solid and tight. My only complaint is "right foot" space on the drivers side (a little cramped). Everyone one else has plenty of room and the top is so easy to remove. I got "rescue green" and love the color. Haven't taken it to our ranch yet but I am not concerned about that - it is a Jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.