Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I'm trading it in after 6 months!
By No more Jeeps for me

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle looks great, and I bought it 6 months ago, it has 7,000 miles on it. Good cornering and acceleration. The transmission was replaced. I drove it through a touchless car wash, and water came into the interior. Cannot get in and out of back seat with ease. Interior panels and paint scratch easily. A recall exists for many '07 Wranglers, per NHTSA. Mine was not included in the recall, therefore, I was never informed. But my vehicle stalled out for the same reason as the recall while I was driving 55MPH in the rain. Soft top windows scratch easily. Noisy and cumbersome driving. Well priced, but a huge disappointment overall for me.

Standard V6, 6 speed manual and convertible top.

Mechanical overhaul. Fuel economy could improve, but I never expected it to be great anyhow.

Great looking Jeep
By R Williams

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first Jeep and it looks great and is fun to drive. Really like the removable freedom top. It has a few loud rattles in the door pillers but someday I will take apart and find. The gas mileage is OK and we tow a 16 foot ATV trailer on weekends OK. We finally got the recall for the stalling in the mail and hopefully that will be solved as it was pretty bad on the highway for the last year losing all power for a few seconds then restarting with no help from Chrysler. It goes to the dealer in the morning and I have crossed my fingers.

Freedom top, good looks and all look at it coming down the road and say nice hummer.

Get rid of the Mopar name, the cheap looking Kia plastic, Poor Chrysler paint job with ugly dodge truck wheels and a better fit for the plastic makes noises and lots of rattles. Maybe build it in another country where quality is still the main focus, NO UAW

2007 Sahara 4WD 4dr.
By Don

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 4dr Sahara. Red Rock Pearl, Khaki Freedom Top which is awesome, Khaki interior which is also awesome. I love the room, the sound system. 7 speakers. Great ride, great time, 18in wheels, tow pkg. Only drawback was I ordered a Rubicon and after 4 months, was told I would have to wait another 3 months, so I built a Sahara as close to a Rubi as I could get. It has so much room and is actually bigger then my Cherokee Sport. I love the looks I get and the comments from folks. If the gas mileage was better it would be perfect. I'm still very, very happy.

6sSpeed stick. Freedom top. I've driven with the driver and passenger's side off many times. Split seat. 7 speaker sound system. Ipod aux input jack. Awesome 4wd handling. Great look and terrific paint!

Locks for freedom top on windshield should be just a little closer together so there is less wind noise. Gas mileage could be better. I put a tornado device in the air system and power and mileage is better.

A great car!
By podedwards

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2007 Wrangler is hardly underpowered. In fact, the V6 with six speed manual and 4.10 rear end is an excellent cruiser and can't be touched off road. When I want to go quickly, I drive my 2006 Hemi Grand Cherokee. The hard top on my Wrangler Sahara Unlimited is trouble a makes for a very quiet ride. The MyGig system is by far the best in technology for navigation and sound system. Lots of room and a comfortable ride.

Off-road, on road ride, comfort, gas mileage, and just plain fun

More color choices

2007 Jeep Unlimited 4 Door
By JC

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new Wrangler 4 Door Sahara package. The only trouble I have had so far is when I took the hard top off and put it back on and went to the car wash, it sometimes leaks. You have to be very careful with the weatherstripping or it leaks, and I have had the water blow through the doors edges. There has to be a better system to keep the water out at high pressure. Engine could use a little more pep. I'm averaging 18.5 MPG. It only has about 2500 miles right now, so it may need more break in time. I bought all the chrome accessories and get tons of compliments. Headed to my first Jeep Jamboree..so we'll see how that goes.

I like the new dash style with the compass and temerature. I wish they had more colors, but my Red Rock is pretty in the sun. I like how you can make the driver's seat lift up and the three piece hard top is very nice too. Infinity stereo is also nice.

Need to improve the seals to keep water out at high pressure. Engine could use a little more zip. I guess I'm used to V-8's and this one seems a little sluggish to me. Not horrible, just a little slow in the horsepower area.I heard of one with back up sensors, should make that an option.

• SUV