2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
No need for a hard top
By Mike M on 12/11/06 15:48 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love the new Jeep. This is my 3rd one I've had (94,01,07). They're hard to find in dual tops right now but I don't think you need a hard top unless you're in a climate that is predominately cold. Here in New Jersey I will get more use out of the soft top that the hard top. Even with the Targa feature, the hard top is a menace on those "Indian summer days". There is virtually no noise with the soft top up on the highway. I had my Sahara up to 80 and I was having a normal conversation (no yelling like the old soft tops). Chrysler really did a good job on the soft top design.

Outstanding
By Jody on 12/06/06 17:40 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I arrived at my local Jeep Dealer three days ago simply expecting to take a look, as I had done with both the Toyota (FJ) and Hummer (H3) dealers. To my surprise and delight there is now a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited parked in my driveway. The four doors, longer wheel base and wider stance are all real attention grabbers. I have been approached several times by people wanting to take a look and ask questions. The drive is comfortable visibility is great. I won't be winning any races down at the track but that was not the point of buying a Jeep. I am looking forward for some cross-country traveling next month and I will try and submit a report on how that goes as well.

So far so good
By p-nut on 11/30/06 11:12 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always wanted to own a Jeep Wrangler, but they never seemed practical. However, once I saw that they came out with a 4 door model...I was sold. I have now owned my Jeep for about a week and am overall very pleased. Very solid vehicle with a surprisingly quiet ride (I got the dual top and currently have the hard top on). Plenty of room in the back seat for my 3 children and they love it to boot. The ride is bumpy as expected, but it corners and drives easy.

Good to Go... anywhere
By yobuck on 11/29/06 06:22 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love it! Best offroad vehicle I've ever had. Goes anywhere I want. Put 33" tires on it and the power still seems good enough.

Way to Go Jeep!
By Tony on 11/16/06 09:47 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle screams fun. Have had it for about a week now and just love driving it. It is very comfortable and offers a smooth ride. Build quality is great; the vehicle is tight, shifts smooth (I have the automatic) and the radio sounds great. Took it on a highway trip and got between 21 and 22 MPG. If you've always wanted a Wrangler but found them too small and rough, that excuse is gone. If you like Jeeps, you will love this one.

Good Stuff
By Bob on 11/15/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 Jeeps prior (81CJ & 99TJ). I have been waiting for a model to come along that retained Jeep "toughness" with more refinements and convenience (got old and picky!). Wish they had put out a V8, but the motor is still a vast improvement especially with the 4.10 gear ratio. The LOUD and well-done stereo is as nice as any new sedan. The ride also got much quieter. Not sure how they did that! Overall I think Jeep did a wonderful job.

fantastic ride
By CallMeSassyGirl on 11/14/06 06:48 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had originally had my heart set on a yellow Wrangler. I was disappointed when they discontinued yellow for 2007. It was love at first sight when I saw the 4 door. I also own a Dodge Durango, and the Wrangler is not much smaller inside than my Durango. I am amazed at how smooth of a ride it is. People give us the THUMBS UP! everywhere we go. It has extremely comfortable seating, even on long rides. I purchased the premium sound system and I am NOT disappointed. It has very little road noise. I have both the hard and soft tops, but have not had a chance to try out the soft top. This is an extremely fun vehicle to drive. I am loving the gas mileage compared to my Durango.

Back to a Jeep....
By Jim on 11/10/06 15:12 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2000 Sahara that I got rid of 3 years ago. I've missed driving a Jeep ever since. This past week I bought a 2007 Wrangler X 4wd. I think it's awesome; it is much quieter, much roomier and the new roof is awesome and gives you a lot of different options. It drives much more like a Cherokee but don't let it fool you it is still a Wrangler. You won't be disappointed, I highly recommend it.

Cool Ride Unlimited X 4dr 2wd
By dgreenone on 11/10/06 07:16 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven small trucks, 1/2 tons, 1 tons and now a Jeep. I'm going to stick with the Jeep. It's a lot of fun to drive and can really hang the corners without feeling like it's going to roll over. It also pulls my boats just fine and is very stable. I don't feel the Jeep getting pushed around by the trailer like some smaller trucks tend to do. The take off power seemed a bit lacking but turning off the ESP seems to cure that, but this could just all be in my head because I like this ride so much.

Very impressed
By Sammboni on 11/03/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2007 Unlimited Sahara for almost 2 weeks and it totally rocks and I haven't even been able to take the top off yet. I am impressed by the drive, the low noise and it looks great. I am looking forward to some muddy adventures and for the day when the weather gets better and I can take the top off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.