Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I love my JK
By Jeepin Dad

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a '89 Wrangler to the '07 with the 6 speed, S-package, freedom top, tow package, rear locker, swaybar disconect, 17" wheel/tire package. The ride is great, the engine is responsive with the 6-speed and 4.10 gears. Gas mileage isn't great, I have been averaging about 18 mpg which is what the sticker said it would get. The seats are comfortable, the height adjustable drivers seat is a nice feature. I really like the removable hard top panels, it takes less time to remove and replace these than it did to put up and down my soft top. I have had it off-road and with the rear locker and swaybar diconnects it performed great. The disconnect really smoothed the ride out.

Freedom panels, adjustable height drivers seat, electric locker, electric swaybar disconnect, rear storage compartment.

Rear seat access, especially on the passenger side, with the seat belt anchored to the seat it is in the way when entering the back. A more agressive tire option whould have been nice. A skidplate to protect the evap canister.

I'm trading it in after 6 months!
By No more Jeeps for me

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle looks great, and I bought it 6 months ago, it has 7,000 miles on it. Good cornering and acceleration. The transmission was replaced. I drove it through a touchless car wash, and water came into the interior. Cannot get in and out of back seat with ease. Interior panels and paint scratch easily. A recall exists for many '07 Wranglers, per NHTSA. Mine was not included in the recall, therefore, I was never informed. But my vehicle stalled out for the same reason as the recall while I was driving 55MPH in the rain. Soft top windows scratch easily. Noisy and cumbersome driving. Well priced, but a huge disappointment overall for me.

Standard V6, 6 speed manual and convertible top.

Mechanical overhaul. Fuel economy could improve, but I never expected it to be great anyhow.

Great looking Jeep
By R Williams

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first Jeep and it looks great and is fun to drive. Really like the removable freedom top. It has a few loud rattles in the door pillers but someday I will take apart and find. The gas mileage is OK and we tow a 16 foot ATV trailer on weekends OK. We finally got the recall for the stalling in the mail and hopefully that will be solved as it was pretty bad on the highway for the last year losing all power for a few seconds then restarting with no help from Chrysler. It goes to the dealer in the morning and I have crossed my fingers.

Freedom top, good looks and all look at it coming down the road and say nice hummer.

Get rid of the Mopar name, the cheap looking Kia plastic, Poor Chrysler paint job with ugly dodge truck wheels and a better fit for the plastic makes noises and lots of rattles. Maybe build it in another country where quality is still the main focus, NO UAW

2007 Sahara 4WD 4dr.
By Don

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 4dr Sahara. Red Rock Pearl, Khaki Freedom Top which is awesome, Khaki interior which is also awesome. I love the room, the sound system. 7 speakers. Great ride, great time, 18in wheels, tow pkg. Only drawback was I ordered a Rubicon and after 4 months, was told I would have to wait another 3 months, so I built a Sahara as close to a Rubi as I could get. It has so much room and is actually bigger then my Cherokee Sport. I love the looks I get and the comments from folks. If the gas mileage was better it would be perfect. I'm still very, very happy.

6sSpeed stick. Freedom top. I've driven with the driver and passenger's side off many times. Split seat. 7 speaker sound system. Ipod aux input jack. Awesome 4wd handling. Great look and terrific paint!

Locks for freedom top on windshield should be just a little closer together so there is less wind noise. Gas mileage could be better. I put a tornado device in the air system and power and mileage is better.

A great car!
By podedwards

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2007 Wrangler is hardly underpowered. In fact, the V6 with six speed manual and 4.10 rear end is an excellent cruiser and can't be touched off road. When I want to go quickly, I drive my 2006 Hemi Grand Cherokee. The hard top on my Wrangler Sahara Unlimited is trouble a makes for a very quiet ride. The MyGig system is by far the best in technology for navigation and sound system. Lots of room and a comfortable ride.

Off-road, on road ride, comfort, gas mileage, and just plain fun

More color choices