Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Rubicon Unlimited
By jeff clifford

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Horrible on fuel and surprising lack of power. Probably due to the large tire size and it aggressive nature. The door locks automatically lock when you put the vehicle in drive but only the drivers door unlocks automatically after being placed in park. This is extremely annoying with children and retrieving items from other doors. All things considered, we do love this vehicle and its a joy to drive on a nice summer day w/ the top down. We would certainly buy it all over again as in our case as a second vehicle.

Its abilities on rugged terrain. The ability to remove the hard top yet have a soft top for the summer driving season. Its rugged looks and feel!

Again, the door locks not unlocking to retrieve items once the vehicle is placed in park. Lack of power on pavement.

A Jeep Owner and Lover
By wfj

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The first thing I did with this vehicle is install a fresh air intake, a cat back dual exhaust system and a jet chip. This vehicle needs to come stock with at least a 260hp engine in it. I have boosted this engine up to around 235hp but it still drags in sixth gear on an up hill run. Also only offering two rear end ratios is a crime. Mine has the 3.21 in it and that is to high and it still only gets about 19mpg. A mid range of around 3.51 would help. I have already decided to get my next one with the automatic transmission and the trailer towing package. A small diesel would also be nice, something with a good torque rating. All in all this is the best jeep I have ever driven or owned.

One of my favorite features is the "T" tops. I probably will not put a rag top on this one because of the "T" tops. I would like to see someone come out with a cloth insert that would fit easily into the "T" top opening.

More horsepower, a fold and tumble passenger seat so the nice rear seat is available to people over 10 years old. A cloth top that can be quickly inserted into the "T" top opening in case of rain.

Best Jeep Ever
By MikeP

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The versatility of the Unlimited can't be beat. Better than expected MPG. The Freedom top is great for nice days (no leaks either). Can go anywhere and have fun doing it. Our 3rd Jeep - previously drove 2000 XJ and 2003 KJ. This one is the best yet. Looks great clean or covered in mud. It's a Jeep thing. f you don't understand, then oh well.

Freedom top, 4 doors, cargo space.

None

My new Jeep
By Jim

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Jeep, we are really enjoying it. The only downfall I see right now is the soft top with half steel doors leak a bit in heavy rain as so does the rear compartment. We have 33" tires which were on it from the dealer and it's a little slugish on the highway maintaining 65 mph. In town is fine.

The look and the quality of the vehicle

Auto roof would be nice the existing design is a typical Jeep pain, and a better seal on the roof to door.

Too many problems with the new Jeeps
By alindsey12535

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I liked my Jeep when I first bought it. They look great, but are not very practical. The interior scratches up very easily. I couldn't get my soft top to fit, so I scheduled 2 different appointments and left it with them all day. To keep my interior from being ruined, I had the hard top put back on. Now the roof leaks any time you take it through a car wash or it rains hard. There isn't any touch up paint for the hard top if it's needed. It will scratch easily esp when taking it off the veh. In the heat, the sealant melts and drips a tar-like substance, which will stain the interior. My advice: Buy something a little more practical.

The look of the vehicle.

The sealant where it shouldn't melt and to make it better so it doesn't rain inside the vehicle. Better gas mileage. Make something where you can repair the hard top if needed.