2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep fan
By nilekinnick on 01/26/07 01:06 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2007Jeep Wrangler greystone pearl X, s package, power package,17' rims with soft top. I've always wanted a TJ about 17 years now. Being in the market for a new vehicle for the second time ever I stopped in and test drove the redesigned 2007 Wrangler. I was impressed from start to finish - 5 inches wider, really well refined, so much more room and interior features. The body is bigger and tougher looking. Don't get me wrong it does not ride like a car but with the improvement in comfort from the TJ to JK I fell in love with it and drove my Jeep off the show room floor that day!

My second Wrangler
By 2climbbig on 01/23/07 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The on-road drive is Wrangler's best... the off-road driver is even better. I waited 2 weeks before hitting the trails. I out performed a friend in his TJ (no lockers). We did some crawling, some mudding, and a bit of a mix. while in a mud pit, I pulled out a Grand Cherokee. Definitely better than Toyota's FJ Cruiser.

Wrangler Unlimited X
By islander on 01/21/07 21:21 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a week now since we picked up our new Unlimited X. Got the hardtop, picked the white with black top. People are getting whiplash just checking it out going down the road. It's fun to drive, it's quiet, didn't even realize I was doing 60 in a 45mph zone! The 7 speaker stereo system with Sirius Radio is unbelievable. This has to be the most fun vehicle I've had in years & I'm a gray spiky haired ol' beach broad in my 50's! It was well worth the 3 month wait for a white one with a hardtop!

Family Jeep Fun
By BigJeep on 01/21/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this jeep. Finally a Jeep with 5 seatbelts! It rides great in town and cruises effortlessly at 70mph on the interstate. This is the only convertible SUV that can carry the whole family. Everyone says it looks like an H1 Hummer. Thank goodness it's not. I get 21mpg on the interstate.

New 07 Sahara is excellent!
By blaire on 01/17/07 14:28 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 2 previous Wranglers and by far this one is the best off the showroom floor I have ever seen. The interior is more spacious, comfortable, and quieter. The new 3 piece hard top is great and is easy to take off and put back on. One my favorite views of this Jeep is the rear, with the new hardtop it has a very mean look. I took it off road this past weekend for the first time and had other Wrangler owners in amazement at its capabilities. I am also very surprised that I am averaging over 20 miles to the gallon! I would highly suggest this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a fun vehicle with improved practicality!

Looks Great - Not sure of Quality Yet
By Brian H on 01/17/07 12:22 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

So far I must say I'm happy with my new '07 Wrangler 4 door, but a little concerned. The incorporation of 4 doors sold me. The ride is not as rough and bumpy as one would expect. Handles just fine on the highway and I've gotten 19-20 MPG on the highway. The only concern I have is the quality. I've owned mine for 2 months and issues have begun to arise. The rubber pads on the hood keep falling off. Most worrisome, on 2 occasions while driving all the sudden the dash lights come on, the motor cuts out, and it completely stalls...it restart and regains power within 5 seconds. Sometimes when I unlock the doors with the keyless remote, the radio starts playing on its own. I'm worried. :(

good 07 Jeep
By 07 wrangler by Bob on 01/16/07 17:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Our previous Jeep was a 98 Wrangler SE with four-cylinder, 5 speed manual. The new critter is six-cylinder with a six-speed. Ironically, the highway mileage we're getting is better by far at 70 mph than the four-banger got. This Jeep is also quieter with full doors with roll up windows. So far we have had no problems. Lots of plastic on the interior, but it's washable so who cares. Plastic cladding over the bumpers is a bit un-Jeep, but everything else is pretty rugged. Sixteen inch wheels are also a plus. We found with the old Jeep that tall skinny tires work best in snow. That is also the experience with the '07 as well. Just go with factory wheels.

poor power
By JeepX on 01/12/07 12:16 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a beautiful convertible 4WD this is your option. But if you need power, you rather keep working other options.

Jeep Owners Dream
By Geoffrey on 01/11/07 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Wow. It's been 6 days and I am still in heaven. The Jeep Wrangler 4 door will go down in history as one of the best things to ever come from DC/Jeep. The 2007 Wrangler (4 door) rides high and comfortable. Entry and exit is something you may need to practice, but I have owned three Jeeps now and it keeps getting better. My one and only negative is that the upward (looking towards traffic lights) visibility is limited with the top on. My Jeep steers true and gets plenty of looks. The gas mileage is low, but again I have owned three Jeeps. The interior space/design is awesome. Plenty of room for 5 adults and a dog!

Follow-up to Jeep for Family of 5
By Skylandry on 01/10/07 16:38 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Well after 9k miles and several trips off road and I still LOVE my Jeep. It performs flawlessly off-road. Just like the "old Jeeps." As far problems, I have had two strange occurrences. Once I lost all power while driving 45 mph. The Jeep cut off for about 5 seconds then restarted (mileage 2k). The second was my traction control like came on to indicate a failure. I had both issues checked. Jeep said the power thing was not a known issue and it has not reoccurred. The EPS light issue went away but Jeep did say they have had some issues with a sensor for the braking unit. They ordered me a new one but I haven't got it in and the problem hasn't reoccurred.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.