Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

It's a Jeep
By Fred Valentine

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner. 175,000 miles. Manual transmission. No power windows, door locks, etc. Basic car. Lifetime powertrain warranty. Change oil every 3000 miles, all service performed per spec. Replaced stock suspension with a heavy duty shock system. Also upgraded steering adapter after I got the "death wobble". Couple small oil leaks fixed by dealer under warranty. Replaced a couple batteries. I handle my own brakes. I was going to sell so I took it to get it detailed. I'm keeping it. I love the jeep. The noise.... I'll rent another car if I need to take a long trip. The jeep has been pretty reliable.

2007 4 door jeep unlimited
By Linda Camargo

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! Everything about it . It's awesome. The only thing is that it's not a travel type car not very comfortable for long distance driving. How can you not like a jeep. It's rugged because its a JEEP! I will always have a jeep wrangler! (OllllO)

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.

lovin my jeep
By james

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. I drove my first one for seven years. I needed a larger vehicle with more space because of children. The new 4 door was just what I was looking for. The new v-6 is nice, but I would still like a V- 8. The ride quality and quietness of the new Jeep is much better that the previous year models.

I love the 4 doors. The unlimited also has a considerable increase in cargo capacity which is a plus.

I would love to see a v-8, even if a small one in the wranglers. A drop down tailgate would be nice, and a bit more storage in the front seat area. The water still drains into the corners of the front door when it rains.

Fun to drive, lacks performance
By SciFiChick

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

While I am new to the Jeep Wrangler World, I am a veteran of other Jeep models (which I LOVED). When I got into the Wrangler 4 door it was purely a question of lust. It looks GOOD. Alas, I live in Miami, it's rare that I can take the top off (shocking yes) because you either bake, scorch or get soaked. Once that fact finally sunk in, I realized I had bought a box on wheels. If you want 0-60 in decent time, get in someone else's car. If you drive off a cliff, don't worry, the aerodynamics (HA!) are SO bad, you'll stop mid-air. It's very good looking, easy to modify, but horrid to drive on a daily basis in the urban outdoors. You're better off with an XTerra.

Good looking, promises of fun with the removable top and all its configuration. EASY to modify and put your personality on it.

Improve the mileage, make the interior a little more comfortable, improve the wet noodle feel of the steering.