2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
New to Jeeps
By BushMan on 05/15/10 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

lovin my jeep
By james on 11/22/08 13:36 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. I drove my first one for seven years. I needed a larger vehicle with more space because of children. The new 4 door was just what I was looking for. The new v-6 is nice, but I would still like a V- 8. The ride quality and quietness of the new Jeep is much better that the previous year models.

Fun to drive, lacks performance
By SciFiChick on 07/06/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

While I am new to the Jeep Wrangler World, I am a veteran of other Jeep models (which I LOVED). When I got into the Wrangler 4 door it was purely a question of lust. It looks GOOD. Alas, I live in Miami, it's rare that I can take the top off (shocking yes) because you either bake, scorch or get soaked. Once that fact finally sunk in, I realized I had bought a box on wheels. If you want 0-60 in decent time, get in someone else's car. If you drive off a cliff, don't worry, the aerodynamics (HA!) are SO bad, you'll stop mid-air. It's very good looking, easy to modify, but horrid to drive on a daily basis in the urban outdoors. You're better off with an XTerra.

Mine rusts too - before 4K miles
By Jarhead on 04/09/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Really, really like the Jeep idea - the wife hates it, however. This is my 3rd (I think). The 4dr is surprisingly comfortable (vs. earlier Jeeps). Similar to other posts, I have had annoying RUST on various (hopefully) insignificant parts of the Jeep. I feel just like I bought a 1970 something CJ. Worse - the dealers want to "take photos" for evaluation at HQ. Wimps. I also had the clutch replaced earlier this year (4K miles). Yikes. The only thing that is worse is that I'm honestly thinking of selling my silver 07 (with 5K miles) and buying a black 08. Why? So the rust does not show as fast! I'll probably always have a Jeep - no matter how poorly they are made! Sick, isn't it?

Rent one before you buy one
By SciFiChick on 03/19/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say, had I rented it for a week, I would not have bought it. In the heat it smells like cheap marine plastic melting in the sun. If you use the highway, you're safer in someone else's car, this one stalls. The middle of the back seat has NO SUPPORT so it sinks in. The plastic scratches very easily. I cannot wait to get rid of my Jeep.

Four Door Jeep Wrangler
By Dr. Kris Johnson on 03/13/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is much sturdier than the two door Wrangler. The larger wheels and stable frame makes this car an excellent and safer drive. I've purchased a couple of 2007 four door Wranglers and they have not tipped over or "flipped" over. I love this car and the bigger the body and wheels, the safer the Jeep is.

Too many problems with the new Jeeps
By alindsey12535 on 09/12/07 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I liked my Jeep when I first bought it. They look great, but are not very practical. The interior scratches up very easily. I couldn't get my soft top to fit, so I scheduled 2 different appointments and left it with them all day. To keep my interior from being ruined, I had the hard top put back on. Now the roof leaks any time you take it through a car wash or it rains hard. There isn't any touch up paint for the hard top if it's needed. It will scratch easily esp when taking it off the veh. In the heat, the sealant melts and drips a tar-like substance, which will stain the interior. My advice: Buy something a little more practical.

Great looking Jeep
By R Williams on 08/21/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first Jeep and it looks great and is fun to drive. Really like the removable freedom top. It has a few loud rattles in the door pillers but someday I will take apart and find. The gas mileage is OK and we tow a 16 foot ATV trailer on weekends OK. We finally got the recall for the stalling in the mail and hopefully that will be solved as it was pretty bad on the highway for the last year losing all power for a few seconds then restarting with no help from Chrysler. It goes to the dealer in the morning and I have crossed my fingers.

It's a Jeep thing.....Just buy it!
By Joe Chanin on 07/13/07 17:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

1st time Jeep Wrangler buyer and I love it. My wife loves it. Even may cats love it (ok..not the cats). I am not a big off roader but this is a blast. Added some accessories to make it my own and it is great. Everyone comments and stares. It's a Jeep thing. If you buy it you'll understand.

Boy Toy
By KB on 06/18/07 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We traded in our Tahoe for the 4 dr Jeep and I've had some trouble getting used to the loss of luxury. I know we bought it as a fun car, but in this day and age, every vehicle should come standard with power mirrors and power seats. And what about the small things like mirrors on the visor? Plus there are no pockets on the back seats so pretty much everything you put in the car flies out if you don't have the hard top on. Which is what makes the vehicle fun...no hard top. We purchased this car for our children and dogs and thought it would be a good practical car. I just think they could have made this a little more kid friendly and a little less man friendly.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.