Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.

lovin my jeep
By james

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep. I drove my first one for seven years. I needed a larger vehicle with more space because of children. The new 4 door was just what I was looking for. The new v-6 is nice, but I would still like a V- 8. The ride quality and quietness of the new Jeep is much better that the previous year models.

Favorite Features

I love the 4 doors. The unlimited also has a considerable increase in cargo capacity which is a plus.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see a v-8, even if a small one in the wranglers. A drop down tailgate would be nice, and a bit more storage in the front seat area. The water still drains into the corners of the front door when it rains.

Fun to drive, lacks performance
By SciFiChick

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

While I am new to the Jeep Wrangler World, I am a veteran of other Jeep models (which I LOVED). When I got into the Wrangler 4 door it was purely a question of lust. It looks GOOD. Alas, I live in Miami, it's rare that I can take the top off (shocking yes) because you either bake, scorch or get soaked. Once that fact finally sunk in, I realized I had bought a box on wheels. If you want 0-60 in decent time, get in someone else's car. If you drive off a cliff, don't worry, the aerodynamics (HA!) are SO bad, you'll stop mid-air. It's very good looking, easy to modify, but horrid to drive on a daily basis in the urban outdoors. You're better off with an XTerra.

Favorite Features

Good looking, promises of fun with the removable top and all its configuration. EASY to modify and put your personality on it.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the mileage, make the interior a little more comfortable, improve the wet noodle feel of the steering.

Mine rusts too - before 4K miles
By Jarhead

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Really, really like the Jeep idea - the wife hates it, however. This is my 3rd (I think). The 4dr is surprisingly comfortable (vs. earlier Jeeps). Similar to other posts, I have had annoying RUST on various (hopefully) insignificant parts of the Jeep. I feel just like I bought a 1970 something CJ. Worse - the dealers want to "take photos" for evaluation at HQ. Wimps. I also had the clutch replaced earlier this year (4K miles). Yikes. The only thing that is worse is that I'm honestly thinking of selling my silver 07 (with 5K miles) and buying a black 08. Why? So the rust does not show as fast! I'll probably always have a Jeep - no matter how poorly they are made! Sick, isn't it?

Favorite Features

4 dr looks and (for a Jeep) comfort. new soft top is really strong - great work.

Suggested Improvements

First, doesn't the Chrysler commercial say something like, "Did you get the Hemi?" Good idea here, I think. Second, have some engineer go back to school and figure out how to make razor thin metal that doesn't RUST overnight. Everyone else figured it out - try a bit harder next time!

Rent one before you buy one
By SciFiChick

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

What can I say, had I rented it for a week, I would not have bought it. In the heat it smells like cheap marine plastic melting in the sun. If you use the highway, you're safer in someone else's car, this one stalls. The middle of the back seat has NO SUPPORT so it sinks in. The plastic scratches very easily. I cannot wait to get rid of my Jeep.

Favorite Features

The hard top is pretty neat. I do like the Jeep Club feeling (everyone else in Jeeps always says hello)

Suggested Improvements

Fix the engine issue. I am scared to go on the highway. Also, fix the cheap feeling to the interior. Gas mileage: whatever, I KNEW I was buying a tank.