2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper on 03/31/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

A blast to drive!
By Cody on 08/20/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep! This is the first one I have owned, but when I was little mom had one. It deff takes me back 20 years and I love it as much now as I did then! Door off, top down is the best! Not a lot of power in this little Jeep but I didn't buy it for that. Handling is really good and ride quality is surprisingly great!

Offroading
By James on 12/25/07 18:33 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my Rubicon through mud pits, up 50 degree slops, up rock banks after driving through rivers and almost nothing has stopped it. It's gas mileage is miserable compared to my old BMW. I get around 15 miles to the gallon, yet it's well worth the trade considering the hauling ability. Removing the back seat I was hauling 70 pumpkins in the back and putting my friends F-250 to shame. The reliability is amazing as well, and it is extremely easy to change the oil and do minor work. I love putting all the Hummer owners to shame when they realize they spent 15,000 more on a vehicle nowhere near as good as my Rubicon.

2007 Rubicon, Loads of Fun
By Bighaeb on 06/30/07 23:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I'm on my 4th Wrangler, and so far, I'm not overly impressed with the reliability of my Wrangler or the build quality. It has spent 2 solid weeks in the shop since march, and will be going in again this week for more horrible noises coming from the engine compartment. Besides that, the offroad abilities far surpass my previous Wranglers, even past Rubicons. On road, the 07 has much better road manners, though it's still going to be a bit squirrly from the short wheelbase. Engine power is lacking a bit. Could use about 20 more horses or so. Transmission is smooth (I have the 6 speed). I live in Denver, and maybe that is why it seems sluggish. Compared to the 4 litre, it's a bit weak.

2007 Wrangler Rubicon
By Justin on 02/03/07 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Hands down, the 2007 Wrangler Rubicon is the most capable civilian production vehicle in the world. Period. The front and rear locking differentials that come standard do their jobs, as does the electronically disconnecting front swaybar. In terms of on road comfort, you can tell that it's designed to be driven offroad, but it's still super-fun to drive. The tight steering makes is a joy to park and maneuver in town, while allowing you to dodge trees on the trail (or to create your own trail). The seats are very comfortable, the radio is great for it's being waterproof, and who can turn down the ability to drive anywhere you want...with the top and doors off no less.

Great Jeep!
By sycolamb on 01/26/07 18:53 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2007 Rubicon for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I traded in my modified 2005 TJ Rubicon. I really missed it for a couple of days but after some mild off roading and a few rocks with the new 2007, I haven’t looked back. The new Rubi is so much more comfortable and quiet. The back seat is harder to get in to than with the 2005 Rubicon and the 05's 4.0 engine with 6 speed manual seemed to have more pick up than the 07 3.8 with auto. I was really impressed with the electronic sway bar disconnect. It is still completely stock and crawled over some smaller boulders really nicely! This is my 4th Jeep and I would have to say the best one that I’ve ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.