Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler X SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new. It came with a soft top. After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems. Overall, I've been very pleased. It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value. My few issues are summarized below: 1.) The highway noise is extreme. To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me. It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often. 2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door. I took it in and the dealer fixed it. They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it. 3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil. No smoke, no leak.

I just disappears. I've read on sites that this is "common". The dealer is going to change the piston rings this week and hopefully that will help/fix the issue.

High Oil Consumption
By trixie8

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.

4x4 and fun to drive.

My issue is the large amount of oil used, 1 qt used per 2500 miles. This is what the dealership and jeep told me. NORMAL OIL CONSUMPTION: Below are industry standards for normal engine oil consumption: Mileage below 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 1,000 miles driven. Mileage above 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 750 miles driven. So, as long as a jeep with 50000 or more miles on it does not use more than a quart of oil every 750 miles they do not care, and they will not fix it. I was also told that why new Jeeps take 6 qt's since they use so much oil. I even have a warranty and they still will not fix it. There are no oil leaks and I have had 2 oil consumption test ran on the vehicle by the dealership. The dealership and Chrysler will not help fix the problem. I was told by the dealership that I am lucky it does not use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, since it may get low enough to burn the engine up in under 2500 miles.

almost a home run
By tangoromeo

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

With only minor improvements (2 1/2" lift kit, 33" tires, and a 10,000 lb winch), I have used and abused this Jeep for everything I could imagine doing in a vehicle. It's pulled tree stumps, dragged an F350 out of the mud, driven through flooded areas and snow, and it never quits on me.

I love taking the top and doors off, and the 6-speed blows the doors off of the cell-phone-chatting 'obstacles' that I have to deal with during my daily commute. And I can't complain about a stereo that's audible when I'm going 65 mph with no top or doors.

My Wrangler didn't come with tow hooks from the factory, and the street tires it came with were garbage. The back seat was a pain to get to, but for me it was just in the way. i pulled it out and sold it on eBay.

Don't make 'em like they used to
By Corben

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cheap. Everything about the new JK Jeep screams cheap. As a previous owner of 2 TJs (1999 and 2004 models), here's a list of things that bugged the hell out of me on the 2007 JK model. -Neither front seat flips up. The 1999 model, both seats rocked forward to allow easier access to the rear seat. The 2004 model, only the front passenger seat did so. The 2007, neither did making it extremely difficult to get into the back seat. -Rear window on soft top attaches with plastic clips which work poorly. The TJ models had the clips manufactured into part of the body. -Cheap feel to the whole vehicle. 2" speakers jut out of the dash - tacky. -Bumpers look cheap, crumple under a small rub.

Brand name, which is sullied by this entry into the market. Might as well bring back the square headlights from the YJs. I loved getting 14 mpg! (Not)

Go back to the TJs, implement hybrid technology, and maybe I'll look at a Jeep again in the future. /jeep wave off

3rd Wrangler
By Dzurinko

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. My first 2 wranglers had the 4.0 in them. I think the 3.8 has a little more pep and the MPG seem a little better than my other jeeps(17 vs 19-21). The 4.0 seemed better on the low rpm end. Also, I can't hear the 3.8L so it's not as easy to shift smoothly. Not sure why they went from the bulletproof 4.0 to a motor that performs marginally better, if at all... My only other complaint is why not put some BF Goodie All Terrains on out of the factory. The Goodyears are pitiful. They have worked so hard to put out a rugged vehicle, but then put street tires on it. It won't be our last Jeep Wrangler. Lots of reviews on here from multiple wrangler owners. :)

Seem a little larger than the older ones.

Larger motor or go back to 4.0. Should come from the factory with decent All Terrain tires.