2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
10K Mile Report
By Bob on 12/05/07 07:20 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent performance on/off road. Problems: 1.) No where to mount CB radio for off- road communications. This is major design flaw. 2.) On dry paved city streets, ESP and Sway Bar will activate for no apparent reason. May or may not deactivate even when motor is restarted. Occurs frequently in hot AZ weather. 3.) Annoying squeal from left front wheel. Dealer can't identify. Most noticeable at low speeds (10 mph and less). Other than 3 items noted, vehicle is fantastic. Solid performer on the trail and comfortable for long road trips with family. Would buy another one in an instant.

At home on the road and rocks
By mike on 11/15/07 19:08 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Wrangler rides great. Traded a 2003 Rubicon in on it. What a differance in ride. Jeep keeps doing better and better. Just keep the solid axles. i.f.s. would ruin the Wrangler

Best Wrangler Ever
By jmontgomery123 on 10/19/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have 15,000 miles on my Unlimited Rubicon and I love it. It's fun, it pulls my boat, carries wife and kids, and protects us all with electronic stability controls. No complaints whatsoever.

Rubicon Unlimited
By jeff clifford on 09/30/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Horrible on fuel and surprising lack of power. Probably due to the large tire size and it aggressive nature. The door locks automatically lock when you put the vehicle in drive but only the drivers door unlocks automatically after being placed in park. This is extremely annoying with children and retrieving items from other doors. All things considered, we do love this vehicle and its a joy to drive on a nice summer day w/ the top down. We would certainly buy it all over again as in our case as a second vehicle.

JK Rubicon
By Chris on 08/08/07 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a lot of fun but the quality of the jeep is crap. I hope this is because it's the first year.... Roof leaks hard and soft tops. Hinges corrode and rust on the doors, visible in the cracks of the hinges and eventually the paint on the hinges. Interior plastic scratches very easy with a fingernail...and I mean very easy!. The new motor is a bit underpowered for a 4dr but liveable. Hey it's a 4x4 but you'd think a V6 would get better fuel economy than 15- 19...v8's are getting better mileage than this 6. It's a blast to drive with the top off or on, it's can climb a wall. I hope the new Chrysler takes note and fixes the issues with the 08 model.

Rubicon - Get Some!
By Josephus on 07/31/07 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2007 Unlimited Rubicon for 60 days now and I love it! Offroad this thing is King. Everyone is amazed how well it rides on the street and trail. The automatic is geared a little high (so get the 4:10 gears) but gets 22-23mpg on the highway. The best part of this Jeep is the space and family sized comfort. It's definitely a "Jeep" interior, and everything is manual regarding the tops. But it is so much fun! I've taken it to the beach 3 times so far, and I've got 2 weeks coming up. Many new safety features have made this thing safer.

First year has major issues
By b1pig on 06/17/07 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am in love with the overall design of this vehicle. I considered myself lucky to find a Rubicon in dealer inventory so soon, and in my haste, I bought it. It is a very functional vehicle with lots of thought given to offroad enthusiasts. Within 2 days of purchase, I took it offroad and "broke it in" and I have been happy with it for the most part. While this Jeep rides very well with 32" tall mud tires and is pretty quiet, the power is seriously lacking. The hood lifts when rigs pass at highway speeds. The engine randomly stalls. I submitted my complaint to NHTSA. Hopefully they will pressure DCX to come up with a resolution and get us fixed.

The real deal
By 20yrsinthedirt on 05/19/07 21:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many off-road trucks including the original Willys "flatfender". I use my vehicle for off-raod use, and this is far and away the most capable stock vehicle I have ever driven, including Land rovers. It does lack refinement when compared to the typical "Suburban assUlt Vehicle" or Soccer Mom mini-van replacement, but if you really off-road, most of these refinements are meaningless when compared to the absolute utility of straight axles and 4:1 low range. "Only in a Jeep" is more than a pitchline

killer Rubicon
By Bob on 02/22/07 11:14 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I also had to wait for a dual top model but is well worth it. It is fun to drive looks great and with the lockers will go almost anywhere.

Good Stuff
By Bob on 11/15/06 19:23 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 Jeeps prior (81CJ & 99TJ). I have been waiting for a model to come along that retained Jeep "toughness" with more refinements and convenience (got old and picky!). Wish they had put out a V8, but the motor is still a vast improvement especially with the 4.10 gear ratio. The LOUD and well-done stereo is as nice as any new sedan. The ride also got much quieter. Not sure how they did that! Overall I think Jeep did a wonderful job.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.