Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

No more Jeeps for me
By Jack

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had bought the 4 dr automatic Sahara, JK with the hard/soft combo top in 2007. Loved it at first; but when the transmission started slipping driving through town at 45mph; not once, but twice. No dash or computer error, and the dealer couldn't find a cause/problem. Traded it for a 2007 GMC 2500HD. Nuff said. I got 24 mph on the hwy, but I had made some changes to get that mileage.

Favorite Features

Hard/Soft top.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the da... transmissions, and completely paint the roll bar.

Blast
By GtrBt

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only regret should have got 4wd, haven't needed it but just want it. Love the 3 piece hard top also have soft top, great ride for a Jeep really any suv. Gas mileage is decent at 18-21 mpg. Its truly a lot of fun to drive and gives you so many more options, went from an avalanche and haven't missed it

Favorite Features

flexibility and fun

Suggested Improvements

bring out a pick up like the H3 SUVT and hood lock and release from under the dash

2 years and running
By Gunny

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Two years in and still a hoot --had minor problem with hardtop leak in torrential rain in second year --soft top never leaks -Hard top on OCT to APR, Been off road several times -very capable and bulletproof. Interior is so far so good and sound system is very good. Really good on road comfort given 4X4\ suspension -average about 18mpg --have seen 21 on highway and 14ish in total city driving (automatic). 3.8 has only OK power on road--- weirdly much better off road (been off road at altitude in the Rockies). Run full synthetic oil -no leaks. Vehicle has never been back to dealer so far. Better than the 91-99-06 Jeeps I am familiar with Still a jeep thing!!!

Favorite Features

Rugged Looks Topless ability Comfortable 4X4 Easy to clean interior

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power but what doesn't Should have got the stick

Glad to be a Owner of a Jeep
By Love my Jeep

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am very pleased to be a owner of my Jeep. It is fun to ride and has many looks (top half-way off, all the way off, doors off, or just take it all off!). I never knew about the Wrangler family but as soon as I started driving I quickly found out. The four doors have great space and handles well. As for gas (gas is just to high to even say anything good about that) but it's ok. The hard doors with electric is the way to go. I have a soft top and wind is still a little issue but not that bad (will soon get a hard top). But over all very happy.

Favorite Features

The flexibility! Having the only SUV convertible on the market. Have options daily of taking off top, windows, way not take off the doors!

Suggested Improvements

Rear side air/heat vents.

Love My Jeep!
By MattAllen10S

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It rocks!! Nothing else to say. OK Maybe a little more. I wish it had a little more pickup but it doesn't need it. The interior does scratch easily but it is beautiful.

Favorite Features

Love it all.