Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

unhappy customer
By rdegaris

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

Suggested Improvements

JEEP should stand behind their product and cover normal repairs.

Top still leaking
By dave456

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Favorite Features

Its a jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the freedom top and go back to a good quality top.

Best thing on four wheels
By Leo

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, the previous one was a TJ. This is a far better machine. I just love it, soft top in the summer and hard top for the winter. I had no problems with starting it in -35C temperatures. It gets really cold here in Northern Alberta. It heats up quickly and the interior is quite warm. Would I buy another one, definitely. The only drawback is lowering the soft top, it's a pain and takes about 10 minutes or so, but once done, what a fun vehicle to drive. What can I say, I just love it.

Favorite Features

Soft top for summer, hard top for winter.

Suggested Improvements

Front passenger seat needs improvement to make it easier for some to get into the back seat, once there the back seat is quite comfortable.

Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!

Favorite Features

Drives like a toy, manual transmission, soft top, I don't think they would legally let me drive this truck some terrain I have taken it thru,)) Looks and drives like a man's truck! Chicks dig this car, and other Wranglers will wave and welcome you to the "family". You re buying a lifestyle w/Wrangl.

Suggested Improvements

Well, gas efficiency could be better, but after all it is not so bad. Also, when you get a Jeep, don't complain about the road noise: it is not a Lexus or a Volvo! I would not change anything on this truck! If you decide to get one, go with Sahara (what I had), or Rubicon. Don't get the base model

Great, but leaky
By Starseed

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Wrangler for about 2.5 years now and I have to say I love it. The only real complaint I have is about the tops. I have both soft and hard tops and they are put together very badly. I've brought it into the shop for top at least 8 times now. 5 of those are for water leaks. They have not real way of stopping them, just a short term "oh the weather stripping is crushed" blah blah blah. I will never buy a new model year again.

Favorite Features

4wd is awesome. Definitely can go many different places.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the tops