Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2007 4 door jeep unlimited
By Linda Camargo

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! Everything about it . It's awesome. The only thing is that it's not a travel type car not very comfortable for long distance driving. How can you not like a jeep. It's rugged because its a JEEP! I will always have a jeep wrangler! (OllllO)

Too many problems
By dj9281

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Jeep just hasn't made the decision to get on top of the complaints that have been around for decades. So, this is my fourth and last Wrangler. Unless you need a vehicle that can be towed behind a motorhome, check the FJ Cruiser. It appears superior in almost every way.

Visual appeal, off-road capabilities, capable of being towed behind a motorhome.

Poor handling, dismal power, choppy/noisy ride, "death wobble," rear wiper system (can't just replace wiper, must replace whole assembly), rear swingout door has no catch so constantly closes on you, doors have to be slammed to close, hardtop and doors difficult to remove, overpriced.

unhappy customer
By rdegaris

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

JEEP should stand behind their product and cover normal repairs.

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6. This thing is a slug off road and in town. Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home. Trail rated....ha. Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse. It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep. Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles. Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again. I wish someone else owned it... Search internet...comon problem.

Looks good.

Fix the engine so it does not burn so much oil. Engine needs more pep for a 4x4. Improve cheap interior materials (dash and other areas) scratch easily. Fix rattles - mine sounds like there is a couple of thick peices of steal inside the body bouncing round when you cross rail road tracks. Way to many RECALLS...I had it at the dealer 12 times for recalls. If I had know all this...never would have purchase this unit... dealer has been no help at all with problems.

Top still leaking
By dave456

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Its a jeep.

Get rid of the freedom top and go back to a good quality top.