2007 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
unhappy customer
By rdegaris on 04/08/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

Top still leaking
By dave456 on 11/28/12 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Best thing on four wheels
By Leo on 01/22/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, the previous one was a TJ. This is a far better machine. I just love it, soft top in the summer and hard top for the winter. I had no problems with starting it in -35C temperatures. It gets really cold here in Northern Alberta. It heats up quickly and the interior is quite warm. Would I buy another one, definitely. The only drawback is lowering the soft top, it's a pain and takes about 10 minutes or so, but once done, what a fun vehicle to drive. What can I say, I just love it.

Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte on 10/20/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!

Great, but leaky
By Starseed on 10/13/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Wrangler for about 2.5 years now and I have to say I love it. The only real complaint I have is about the tops. I have both soft and hard tops and they are put together very badly. I've brought it into the shop for top at least 8 times now. 5 of those are for water leaks. They have not real way of stopping them, just a short term "oh the weather stripping is crushed" blah blah blah. I will never buy a new model year again.

Still love it!
By indyCalifornia on 05/27/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '07 2dr Sahara for just under two years now (just over 36k miles) and I STILL love it. I haven't had any problems so far. I have a hard top and haven't had any leaks whatsoever. I've experienced "death wobble" in my previous Jeeps, but I've gone w/o on this one so far. On the 2dr, the entry to the back seat is pretty ridiculous compared to my older models- we call it the "jungle seat" b/c tarzan would probably get in just fine, but every1 else feels outrageous. Passengers complain about comfort, but this is the comfiest Jeep I've had yet. I receive compliments wherever I go and I've felt completely confident each time I've been in a tough spot (lots of snow/mud/dirt!)

Fun time
By koolcat352003 on 06/07/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This has been a really fun Jeep to have and it gets where you need to go and also great in the winter time. Great in the summer with the top off!

My First Jeep
By Robert Sanders on 04/20/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My wife insisted that I buy this vehicle and it has definitely improved my image! It is well appointed with the Freedom Top and 18 inch wheels and is fun to drive. I added wheel locks, a spare tire cover and the heavy duty floor mats. Have had no drivability problems to date (6800 miles) and a only one recall involving a brake module. There are no water leaks with the top, however, when entering or exiting the vehicle in a rain, water will drip into the cabin. There is an air whistle which I can't seem to locate. The brake pads had to be serviced at 2000 miles due to "glazing." I have achieved up to 22 mpg with the auto which for a vehicle of this design seems reasonable. Happy so far.

Happy in Denver!
By 2 Door Sahara on 12/30/07 22:05 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 2 door silver Sahara since July and still love it! This is my second Wrangler. The ride has been improved greatly and does well in the snow when in four wheel. Love the freedom hardtop (no leaks). Power windows and locks are a nice change. This is my only vehicle and I love driving it (especially in the mountains)! Get lots of compliments!

Happy New Wrangler owner - 2Door Sahara
By Jay D on 04/17/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Jeeps in the past.This is my first Wrangler. So far this one has been the most fun to drive. Considering it is a Jeep with serious off road capibilities the ride is much smoother than expected. The interior room is also welcome change on this model. Plenty of room for my young child in the back with a safty seat.Getting into the rear seat is a little cumbersome for a full size adult though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.